About this listing
Enjoy 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom on a unique, quiet, tree-lined street. There is a private deck: warm, shaded from wind it's sunny morning to afternoon (many birds to enjoy there). Follow the sun in the afternoon to the front bedroom or sit on the front steps and relax.
– Large couch in the family room can sleep one additional person comfortably
– Laundry Service available
– In addition to Mount Sutro Forrest our neighborhood, as you head up the street, is lovely to walk around anytime of day, and any time of year there will be many flowers, plants and trees to enjoy. At the top of the Farnsworth steps there is a particularly nice view of the city.
– Cole Street (restaurants, shops, cafes) a few streets away
– Bicycle rental (many bike shops located on Stanyan Street)
– Haight Street is a few blocks away
– Whole Foods on Haight Street
– Farmer’s Market (Wednesdays, 3:00pm to 7:00pm, April through October) at Waller and Stanyan
– Off the Grid / Food Trucks and live music (Thursdays 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm)
– UCSF is a few minutes walk away
– Cultural neighborhood trivia: many poets and writers stayed in the guest room at 1520 Willard Street (owned by the founder of the San Francisco Poetry Center) writers including: Anais Nin, W. H. Auden, Elizabeth Bishop, Robert Lowell, Stephen Spender, and Theodore Roethke; a scene from the film “Milk” the story of Harvey Milk was filmed in one of the homes on our street; and Armistead Maupin used to live in the neighborhood.
A few minutes walk from the house are the Farnsworth steps which lead you to Mount Sutro Forrest, amazingly beautiful trails teeming with wildlife, you will forget you are in the city. Also, nearby favorites within walking distance: Golden Gate Park (Academy of Sciences + DeYoung Museum), Buena Vista Park, the Panhandle, Tank Hill, Cole Street, Zazie for breakfast (lunch or dinner), Real Foods with daily produce delivery from small local farms.
A bit farther are Ocean beach, Arizmendi Pizza (amazing baked anything especially chocolate croissants), Bi-Rite for gourmet anything and ice cream, Nopalito traditional Mexican done local and seasonal. Bus and train are both steps away and can take you anywhere else you want to go in the city.
– Train: N-Judah line (minutes to Ocean Beach or downtown)
– Bus 6 Parnassus, 48 Masonic
– Street parking only. Parking permits are required for more than 2 hours Monday–Friday. No street cleaning on our block.
**Don’t forget to curb your wheels on any slight incline / decline in this city.
Stephanie's home is lovely. Beautiful flat in a lovely neighbourhood (cole valley). She made us feel very welcome and at home and gave us some great tips on nearby cafes and things to do. It's an easy hop on the N train into town or to Ocean Beach. Great cafes and restaurants locally. Fantastic little terrace at the back of the apartment which we really enjoyed.
Stephanie's home was an idyl, spacious, peaceful, a home full of care. The pictures do not do it justice, one room flowed into another, and the whole house seemed to breath with the swaying trees outside. On the mornings I could enjoy it, the sun deck was a single step past the kitchen, and the view was something to wake to.
What else to say? Transport was good, a short Muni from most things, and there's plenty of life close at hand if you'd rather walk nearby. Stephanie was very helpful, but never intrusive, and often close by if I needed to ask anything. I'd heartily recommend you stay.
This apartment was perfect for us. It was comfortable, convenient and attractive. Stephanie was welcoming and easy to reach when I had a problem (my fault not hers).
Oblio was our host and he made us feel incredibly welcome. The neighborhood was spectacular: ideally located and had lots of nice restaurants and shops within walking distance.
We stayed a week in Stephanie's home and had a very good time. The apartment has a nice hippy like touch, with lots of ancient objects. The kitchen is modern and very well equipped. We were welcome on the terrace by a colibri bird. Up the street, beautiful forest and houses. The neighborhood is very quiet with a nice local ambiance, Cole street gives you the feeling of living there. We even had yoga class two blocks from home! The Real Food store down the street is really amazing and everything there is good. The Golden gate park is very close, and the public transport convenient. When you come home from downtown, it's very restful to get back to Stephanie's place.
The home in the land of wood is really genuine and nice place.
We (a family of 4 persons including two teens) enjoyed our stay.
The home is close to the Tram or buses which allow to be downtown SF in less than 20 minutes. The proximity of Whole Foods store was also important for us. The walking distance of the Golden State Park is great for joggers ! Thanks to Stephanie.
Stephanie's home is very comfortable and had everything we needed.The kitchen and outdoor balcony are great features. Stephanie was always available to answer any questions we had. The neighborhood is good for public transport, restaurants, etc. In all staying here made our visit to San Francisco a great experience.
About the Host, Stephanie
I have lived in San Francisco for 15 years. I am more at home here than any city I have ever lived or visited. Even though we are not offering a room in an occupied house, I love that idea, and I am thrilled Airbnb is doing it in this country. I lived and traveled in Europe at two different times in my life and was initially surprised and very much appreciated that people opened their homes to travelers many places I visited. I deeply appreciated the opportunity to stay in a home and experience a city and culture from a local perspective. And I am happy to offer that option to you. In preparation for your travels, I will try to answer any questions, in order to help you plan your visit, or at any point during your stay. Welcome, you are in for a wonderful visit, no matter where you stay in San Francisco (p.s. I speak some French).