About this listing
Enjoy 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom on a unique, quiet, tree-lined street. There is a private deck: warm, shaded from wind it's sunny morning to afternoon (many birds to enjoy there). Follow the sun in the afternoon to the front bedroom or sit on the front steps and relax.
– In addition to Mount Sutro Forrest, our neighborhood, as you head up the street, is lovely to walk around anytime of day, and any time of year there will be many flowers, plants and trees to enjoy. At the top of the Farnsworth steps there is a particularly nice view of the city.
– Cole Street (restaurants, shops, cafes) a few streets away
– Bicycle rental (many bike shops located on Stanyan Street)
– Haight Street is a few blocks away
– Whole Foods on Haight Street
– Farmer’s Market (Wednesdays, 3:00pm to 7:00pm, April through October) at Waller and Stanyan
– Off the Grid / Food Trucks and live music (Thursdays 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm)
– UCSF is a few minutes walk away
– Cultural neighborhood trivia: many poets and writers stayed in the guest room at 1520 Willard Street (owned by the founder of the San Francisco Poetry Center) writers including: Anais Nin, W. H. Auden, Elizabeth Bishop, Robert Lowell, Stephen Spender, and Theodore Roethke; a scene from the film “Milk” the story of Harvey Milk was filmed in one of the homes on our street; and Armistead Maupin used to live in the neighborhood.
A few minutes walk from the house are the Farnsworth steps which lead you to Mount Sutro Forrest, amazingly beautiful trails teeming with wildlife, you will forget you are in the city. Also, nearby favorites within walking distance: Golden Gate Park (Academy of Sciences + DeYoung Museum), Buena Vista Park, the Panhandle, Tank Hill, Cole Street, Zazie for breakfast (lunch or dinner), Real Foods with daily produce delivery from small local farms.
A bit farther are Ocean beach, Arizmendi Pizza (amazing baked anything especially chocolate croissants), Bi-Rite for gourmet anything and ice cream, Nopalito traditional Mexican done local and seasonal. Bus and train are both steps away and can take you anywhere else you want to go in the city.
– Train: N-Judah line (minutes to Ocean Beach or downtown)
– Bus 6 Parnassus, 48 Masonic
– Street parking only. Parking permits are required for more than 2 hours Monday–Friday. No street cleaning on our block.
**Don’t forget to curb your wheels on any slight incline / decline in this city.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I have lived in San Francisco for 18 years. I am more at home here than any city I have ever lived or visited. Even though we are not offering a room in an occupied house, I love that idea, and I am thrilled Airbnb is doing it in this country. I lived and traveled in Europe at two different times in my life and was initially surprised and very much appreciated that people opened their homes to travelers many places I visited. I deeply appreciated the opportunity to stay in a home and experience a city and culture from a local perspective. And I am happy to offer that option to you. In preparation for your travels, I will try to answer any questions, in order to help you plan your visit, or at any point during your stay. Welcome, you are in for a wonderful visit, no matter where you stay in San Francisco (p.s. I speak some French).