About this listing
Please read our listing description, house rules and check the photos of the spare en-suite guest room carefully before booking. Thanks.
Our home is located right next to Melbourne's own "Eiffel Tower" - The Arts Center, it's the flagship of the performing arts in Victoria and the focal point of Melbourne's cultural precinct. We have a spare en-suite guest room available in this stunning iconic national-award-winning building in the heart of Melbourne, an area offers the best in bars, restaurants and cafes that the city has to offer ... Walking distance to all major attractions and easy access to all suburbs. Plenty of public transportations (tram/bus/train), bike share and rental cars at our doorstep. You will also find the popular Melbourne Visitor Red Shuttle (total 13 stops), just a couple of minutes walking from our apartment building (we are at stop 1 - Arts Precinct). Highly recommend 1st-thing-to-do upon arrival for first-timers in Melbourne. :)
Here is a list of what's located in our neighbourhood:
1 National Gallery of Victoria - 240m
2 Victorian College of the Arts - 300m
3 The Australian Ballet - 80m
4 Opera Australia - 70m
5 The Australian Ballet School - 80m
6 CUB Malthouse Playbox Theatre - 500m
7 Australian Centre for Contemporary Arts - 420m
8 Hamer Hall - 300m
9 The Arts Centre - 200m
10 Melbourne Symphony Orchestra - 100m
11 Royal Botanic Gardens - 400m
12 The Tan Running Track - 420m
13 The Rowing Boat Sheds - 400m
14 Southgate Shopping Precinct - 280m
15 Flinders Street Station - 530m
16 Southern Cross Station - 1200m
17 Post Office, Auspost shop and PO boxes - 400m
18 Federation Square - 500m
19 Sidney Myer Music Bowl - 700m
20 Crown Casino & Entertainment Centre - 850m
21 Melbourne Exhibition Centre - 950m
22 Shrine of Remembrance - 1000m
23 Melbourne Grammar School - 1300m
24 Melbourne Girls' Grammar School - 1800m
25 Lexus Centre - 1000m
26 Melbourne Cricket Ground - 1350m
27 Rod Laver Arena - 1000m
28 Coles Supermarket South Melbourne - 1200m
29 IGA Supermarket - 120m
30 South Melbourne Market - 1300m
31 Eureka Skydeck 88 - 500m
From our place, you can be at the Melbourne international airport in about 20 minutes (approx. $55 by taxi - the fastest way) or you can take the Starbus door to door get off at "Quest Hotel Southbank" ($18 one way operating 5am-7pm daily), we are right next to them.
The apartment is clean, modern, light, spacious and relaxed with plenty of natural light and air coming through and is with all that you will need for a fabulous stay. PLUS a breathtaking million-dollar view (the best view in Melbourne as the locals would say) makes it the perfect place to come back to after a day of exploring the wonders of Melbourne.
What we offer :
- Quiet, private, tidy, clean and comfortable bedroom
- En-suite bathroom with walk-in rain-shower
- Fresh 100% cotton linens and soft luxury bath towels
- Free fast speed wi-fi
- Bathroom toiletries, electric adapter and hair dryer
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Access to gym, 2 lane/25m swimming pool, timber yoga deck and terrace garden
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board
- Yoga Mat if you are keen for a morning stretch
- Two 'Myki' public transport cards can be borrowed during the stay to save you the hassle (and $6/card), as tickets can no longer be purchased on board in Melbourne
- Maps and brochures of the city and major attractions
*There are two car parks under our building: Arts Centre Car Park and Australian Ballet Centre Car Park. Both offer short-term and long-term parking service.
*There are three popular car-rental companies under our building: GreenShareCar, GoGet and Flexicar. You can book online and rent their cars by hour or by day.
You will be sharing the apartment with us - a Chinese/Australian couple. We have lived, worked and traveled throughout Asia, Europe, North America, Africa and Australia&NZ before settling down in Melbourne. We love different culture, people, language and we enjoy good food, wine and company. This is one of the properties we have in Melbourne and we LOVE living here since 2012 and find it very hard to move away. We are happy to answer any question you have about your stay or recommend things to see and do in Melbourne. We hope you enjoy the property as much as we do and we look forward to hosting you soon. :)
*Please don't ask us for further discount. For a city where the average cost of a 3-STAR hotel room is $175 per night, a 12-bed shared backpackers room in this location costs $35 per person per night and a 4-bed shared backpackers room in this location costs $45 per person per night, we think our $95/night (low season) clean and spacious en-suite guest room in a national award-winning luxury apartment in the heart of Melbourne with the best view in the city is a bargain. All the 5-star reviews we have received and happy guests we have hosted so far reflect that as well. We apprecaite your understanding.
1. No-smoking and No-pet please.
2. No shoes in the house please.
3. Light cooking and usage of the kitchen is okay but please keep the noise down and hand wash your cups or dishes and tidy up the sink after with the detergent and sponges we provide. Do not leave your used cups or dirty dishes or waste in the sink for us to wash and clean.
4. Please remember this is a private home. So we would really appreciate if you could look after our property and respect our privacy and space during your stay. No loud noises or disturbances after 10pm and before 7am (respect my husband and I have to work and require a good night sleep). Please use the door handle, do not slam the doors.
5. Different people have different preference for coldness and heat, hence, we normally just leave the guests to make their own adjustments, in terms of keep the doors/windows open or closed OR turn the heating/AC on or off during their stay. But we do kindly ask our guests to switch off the lightings and heating/AC when they leave the house.
6. While enjoying our fast-speed internet wifi please do not download big files such as movies, games or play online games during your stay. It will slow internet down and use up our limited allowance. (We have 200GB/month internet allowance). If we use up all of our allowance, internet will slow down and additional charge will occur.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.