About this listing
Comfort awaits in this cozy 2 bd cottage with a spacious living room, cable TV/internet access, vintage stove in the kitchen, and your own private laundry. Walking distance to train, grocery stores, parks, library, coffee, farmer's market and cafes.
Private fully furnished home within walking distance to many amenities in South Pasadena. Comfort awaits in this cozy cottage with a spacious living room, cable TV/internet access, vintage stove in the kitchen, and your own private laundry. Parking is available on the street by obtaining a street parking pass from the city. Walking distance to the Gold Line for easy access to Downtown LA, Chinatown, Old Town Pasadena, Staples Center, etc. Also walking distance to grocery stores, parks, library, coffee, farmer's market and cafes. Enjoy 1 bedroom with super plush queen size bed, and AC window unit for the summer heat. Second bedroom has 2 comfy twin beds. The space comfortably fits up to 4 people.
Enjoy our outside gardens as well with your own sitting area and play structure for the little ones.
Visit our historic main street, Mission Street-home to an eclectic mix of merchants. And Fair Oaks Ave. is part of the original Route 66. Here you'll find a nostalgic soda fountain right alongside trendy cafés, shops and stops. Several times each year the business district hosts festivals, like the Cruz' for Roses Car show and the Eclectic Music Festival & Art Walk. On Independence Day, it's pancakes, fireworks and a parade!
Interaction with Guests
We live in the front house on the property so I usually am present upon check-in. We like to give our guests privacy though so just consider us your friendly neighbor.
Our neighborhood is great. It is being featured in 2014 Feb. edition of Sunset Magazine as the best Cosmopolitan Suburb in the West US! Even though we are in L.A. the land of the cars South Pasadena is a very walkable city. There are great parks, restaurants, community events, etc. to explore.
The gold line train station is a little less than a mile away. We walk to it frequently. It can take you downtown or into Pasadena easily. There is also a bus route at the end of the block but most people prefer the train. If you plan to explore L.A. though I do recommend a car.
Other Things to Note
We have two dogs that we keep indoors during guests visits, and one cat that roams in and out of the property and will on occasion try to roam into yours. While we do not let her enter the rental property other guests have during their stay so if you are severely allergic to cats I can not guarantee a cat free experience.
• People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
• The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
• Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
• Only use appliances for their intended uses.
• Smoking is NOT allowed on property or grounds surrounding property.
• Please stay on our side of the property while entering the cottage gate.
• No pets allowed