About this listing
Private or shared rooms in big house with a great location and a beautiful panoramic view where you can see the entire city of Guanajuato. Hosted by Aunt Lucy, guests will feel at home in a very cozy place, with lots of attentions and good service. If you want to feel the traditional mexican ambient, this is the place for you.
Among the services available, rooms have wi-fi, shared bathrooms, washing machine, kitchen, dining room and terrace with beautiful city views. You can stay as a single person or in group, as you prefer.
Located on the hill of el Sagrado Corazón, a 10 minute walk from downtown.
*Price is per night and per person.
1. La casa tiene un horario de entrada y salida máximo hasta las 23:30 horas (pero siempre pueden hablar con la tía Lucy para resolver algunas excepciones).
2. Se puede fumar en el exterior de la casa pero no en el interior, hay una terraza grande, además de la azotea con una gran vista.
3. Todos los utensilios de cocina utilizados, deberán dejarlos en su lugar ya lavados.
4. Pueden comprar, traer su propia comida y guardarla en el refrigerador con su nombre para mayor facilidad a los huéspedes.
5. Favor de no introducir bebidas alcohólicas dentro de la casa.
La casa de la tía Lucy agradece el seguimiento de estos puntos, cualquier duda o comentario se puede llegar a un acuerdo. ;)
1. The house has an entrance and exit times up to 23:30 (but you can always talk to Aunt Lucy to resolve some exceptions).
2. Smoking is allowed on the outside of the house but not inside, there is a large terrace, in addition to the roof with a great view.
3. All kitchen tools, should be clean and in its place.
4. You can buy, bring your own food and store it in the fridge with your name for a better organization with other guests.
5. Please do not introduce alcohol inside the house.
Aunt Lucy appreciates your attention. If you have any question or comments you can always reach an agreement ;)
I spent a month at Aunt Lucy's. I could not have asked for a better host. She gave me all the information about the city and getting around. I was traveling as a single female in Guanajuato to work on Spanish and I enjoyed my time greatly. The house has a beautiful view; there is a step walk but to the home, but if you don't feel like strengthening your legs, you can take a cab to the doorstep. The house is just as it looks in the pictures. Conversations with Lucy also helped me improve my Spanish. It also has WIFI, a place to do laundry, and I felt comfortable using the kitchen. I hope to return to Guanajuato soon and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
La casa de Señora Lucy es muy bonita y cómodo. Hablando con Lucy me ayudaba a practicar español. Cuando yo regreso a Gunajuato, yo querría quedar con Lucy! La casa tiene una vista bonita y es un lugar seguro.
La Tía Lucy me hizo sentir en casa desde que llegué, inclusive se peleó con el taxista porque me cobró $80 pesos cuando suelen cobrar solo $60. Aparte el taxista no tenía cambio así que ella lo cubrió y yo se lo pagué el día siguiente.
Siempre se mostró atenta y no se detenía para darte consejos y aconsejarte lugares qué visitar, así como la ruta mas corta para llegar a ellos. La casa está cómoda, bastantes cuartos y nadie se mete con nadie, tienes una vista espectacular del atardecer. Lo recomiendo 100%
Aunt Lucy is the best. Even though I stayed for only one night, she treated me like a family member. Her house is also great, even though it is a bit far from the center. You need to walk about 20 min downhill and probably takes you longer to get up, but you can always take the taxi. But seriously, aunt Lucy is so so nice! Recommended!
Aunt Lucy is very kind and helpful,just like my grandma.I wish I could speak Spanish so we could communicate more.The location of the guesthouse is great,you could enjoy panoramic view on the roof and it's convenient to get to the center of Guanajuato on foot.
Great great view with good price! Easy to access from bus station via taxi, and the host is very considerate to help arrange a taxi to Leon airport ( I was leaving very early in the morning). Definitely consider to choose it again when next time visit GTO.
The house is very beautiful and Aunt Lucy is very kind. She tells things to me like my grandma.
Lucy has a lovely house.I only spent one night there but I enjoy the view from the room and sleep very well.Although they couldn't speak much English,but they are very kind and trying to help me.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ernesto
This is Ernesto, photographer, webdesigner, freelancer, licentiate, all-round great guy! Love to travel, specially to cold places!!
Right now I'm helping my aunt, who lives in Guanajuato, renting some rooms at her house. I don't live there but I certainly enjoy my time over there each time i visit her.
Aunt Lucy's husband was a paintor, he made beautiful landscapes of Guanajuato and painted stories about Don Quixote.