Private or shared rooms in big house with a great location and a beautiful panoramic view where you can see the entire city of Guanajuato. Hosted by Aunt Lucy, guests will feel at home in a very cozy place, with lots of attentions and good service. If you want to feel the traditional mexican ambient, this is the place for you.
Among the services available, rooms have wi-fi, shared bathrooms, washing machine, kitchen, dining room and terrace with beautiful city views. You can stay as a single person or in group, as you prefer.
Located on the hill of el Sagrado Corazón, a 10 minute walk from downtown.
*Price is per night and per person.
1. La casa tiene un horario de entrada y salida máximo hasta las 23:30 horas (pero siempre pueden hablar con la tía Lucy para resolver algunas excepciones).
2. Se puede fumar en el exterior de la casa pero no en el interior, hay una terraza grande, además de la azotea con una gran vista.
3. Todos los utensilios de cocina utilizados, deberán dejarlos en su lugar ya lavados.
4. Pueden comprar, traer su propia comida y guardarla en el refrigerador con su nombre para mayor facilidad a los huéspedes.
5. Favor de no introducir bebidas alcohólicas dentro de la casa.
La casa de la tía Lucy agradece el seguimiento de estos puntos, cualquier duda o comentario se puede llegar a un acuerdo. ;)
1. The house has an entrance and exit times up to 23:30 (but you can always talk to Aunt Lucy to resolve some exceptions).
2. Smoking is allowed on the outside of the house but not inside, there is a large terrace, in addition to the roof with a great view.
3. All kitchen tools, should be clean and in its place.
4. You can buy, bring your own food and store it in the fridge with your name for a better organization with other guests.
5. Please do not introduce alcohol inside the house.
Aunt Lucy appreciates your attention. If you have any question or comments you can always reach an agreement ;)
Lucy has a lovely house.I only spent one night there but I enjoy the view from the room and sleep very well.Although they couldn't speak much English,but they are very kind and trying to help me.
It is grandmothers home. I can not speak Spanish.( I can say just hello and thanks by Spanish.) But it's Ok. I stay very safe and comfortable in this home. I told with Grandma by iPad. She and her family are so nice.
This house place is so high. You can go down to central historico easily . But it's come back time you will be tired a little. View is good.
Thank you for everything, grandma!
Great view from the house! It was a steep walk from the centre of town, but I got used to it after a couple of times. Seemed quite safe too, even walking back at night - although one stretch of road was very dark with no street lighting.
I didn't get to meet Ernesto or Lucy, but Ernesto was always contactable for any queries or issues. I practically had the place to myself!
I arrived on December 31st in the evening and Ernesto told me that taxis would be hard to come by, so one would be reserved for me. Lo and behold! Aunt Luci herself along with a friend picked me up at 11:00 p.m.! Such graciousness!
I did not feel well, as I had a cold. Aunt Luci immediately doctored me with natural remedies. After a good nights sleep, I felt better the next day. Her friend drove me all over Guanajuato to see all the major sites.
The hospitality is totally apparent from the moment you enter the house. The design and beauty of the main floor is very appealing with all the amenities for cooking, if so desired. Aunt Luci cooked for me one entire day, as we visited and shared our lives, exchanging what we each know about herbal remedies, healing drinks, etc.
It has been a great pleasure to be here for 4 nights and I hope to return one day. I now consider Aunt Luci a good friend.
With much gratitude I depart from here today well and happy!
She is a really nice person, and the house is perfect and clean, with a Guanajuato city view which is really beautiful!!! Usually spend 10minutes walk to downtown. We cannot speak any Español, but we also have a lot of Communications with each other. Aunt Lucy is really a nice and passionate person, helped us a lot! And her dog is also really cute!
Good place with views over the city: perhaps the best value we could find in Guanajuato. Tia Lucy is warm and sharp-witted, and after a couple days we really felt at home. Above all our rooms were clean. The only problem was we had insufficient hot water for three of us, but we recommend the place to anyone staying in Guanajuato and not seeking five-star luxury.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
This is Ernesto, photographer, webdesigner, freelancer, licentiate, all-round great guy! Love to travel, specially to cold places!!
Right now I'm helping my aunt, who lives in Guanajuato, renting some rooms at her house. I don't live there but I certainly enjoy my time over there each time i visit her.
Aunt Lucy's husband was a paintor, he made beautiful landscapes of Guanajuato and painted stories about Don Quixote.