• Central Fulham Broadway location in SW6
• Classic London period Victorian property built in 1890
• Newly renovated, modernised and design-orientated
• Fully furnished and all bills and wi-fi internet included
• Open plan layout with large combined kitchen & living area
• Cosy and quiet double bedroom with Sky TV (including Sky Sports, Sky Movies, Music, News and Documentaries)
• Large wardrobe, writing desk & alarm/clock/radio
• Private guest bathroom with luxury rain shower, multiple bodyjets and hand-held unit, hair dryer and desktop mirror
• Kitchen includes fridge/freezer, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster, kettle & sandwich maker
• Burglar alarm and a safe to store valuables if needed
• Quiet 2 house cul-de-sac with minimal traffic flow due to one-way system
• Nearby shops, restaurants, bars, cinema, gym and swimming pool
Food & Drinks
• Local supermarkets: Whole Foods Market (opening early 2014), Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and Sainsburys
• Traditional London street market on nearby North End Rd
• Local restaurants include Thai Square (Thai), Yo Sushi (Japanese), Pizza Express (Italian), El Metro (Spanish), Kishmish (Indian), Chop Chop (Chinese) and Me Me (Vietnamese), Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Byron burgers, Bodeans (American including great ribs abd BBQ), Guaca (Mexican) and Aziz (mixed North African and Mediterranean)
• Coffee shops include Moosh (great natural fruit and vegetable shakes), Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Cafe Nero and Pret-A-Manger
• Harrods & Harvey Nichols department stores in Knightsbridge (direct bus link or 30 minute walk)
• Kings Rd, Sloane Square (Peter Jones department store) and Sloane Street in Chelsea for fashionable boutiques
• Chelsea Design Centre at Chelsea Harbour for interior furnishings
• Antiques on New Kings Rd and Lots Rd auction house in Chelsea
• Portobello Rd market in Notting Hill with its eclectic mix of merchants
• Westfield, Europe’s largest shopping mall, with over 300 shops in Shepherds Bush (direct bus link from Fulham Broadway)
• Local retailers in Fulham Broadway tube station complex include Boots, Monsoon, Accessorize, mobile phone shops and banks
• Science, Natural History and Victoria & Albert Museums in South Kensington
• Kensington and Fulham Palaces
• Royal Albert Hall for world class concerts and events
• West End Theatre, Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square, Chelsea, and Apollo in Victoria
• Olympia and Earls Court for exhibitions, conferences, trade shows and concerts
• VUE cinema at Fulham Broadway
Health & Fitness
• David Lloyd gym at tube station complex and Fulham Pools
• Eel Brook Common with large outdoor park, several tennis courts, a children’s playground and sports pitch for 5-a-side football and basketball
• Several local area parks, Parsons Green, Hurlingham and South Park, plus the River Thames provide a pleasant jogging route
• Chelsea FC & Fulham FC for Premiership football
• Queens Club for the annual pre-Wimbledon grass court tennis tournament
• One minute walk to Fulham Broadway tube station, part of the Wimbledon branch of the District line
• Bus lines to most key central places in London incl (phone number hidden) and 424
• London Heathrow (25 mins by car, 45 mins by tube)
• London Gatwick via tube to Victoria station (15 mins) then Gatwick Express train (30 mins)
• City financial district takes 30-40 mins by direct tube
In addition to the room, guests will have access to their own private bathroom (next to the room), and also share the kitchen area which has a dining table. The washer/dryer is available for an extra fee of £5 per cycle with prior permission from us. Guests can also access the wi-fi network and Sky tv in their room. We also live in the flat upstairs.
If you need a clean, private, luxurious room, look no further: this place is fantastic. It is especially good if you only require a bedroom and bathroom--and not an area to stretch out in. The living area, as beautiful as it is, is off limits to Air BnB'ers. Kitchen time is limited to 1.5 hrs--which suited us just fine. The room and bathroom are on the main floor and are not shared (Simon and his girlfriend spend their time upstairs) so it often feels like you're own private flat. The location is very well located for transportation and exploring on foot. Simon was courteous, respectful, and accommodating.
The reservation was canceled 45 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Simon is really a great host and it has been my first time to try out airbnb and stay in london! The room is cosy and the renovation is very modern and nice. The bed is extremely soft and there is a TV where you can watch on bed. I have been staying in Simon's home for several days with my friend to explore London before my exchange studies and such a warm home definitely made our trip even better.
One of the best part is the car service offered by Simon from airport. He is such a great host and willing to give us a lift to Heathrow at early morning to make our trip more convenient.
The neighborhood in Fulham is pretty nice and the subway is very near. We would definitely love to stay again whenever we have the opportunity!
We love Simon's place, not just the apartment but also the neighborhood ( just next to Chelsea's posh neighborhood ). We really enjoyed our stay because the apartment has all the things we needed for our two weeks stay in London. The apartment is very well furnished with beautiful interior design. The bed was very comfortable and it has modern kitchen and bathroom. The tube (Fulham Broadway) and bus stations were just across the road, two minutes walk from the apartment. The neighborhood is quiet , safe and has many good restaurants too. As a host, Simon was very attentive , responsive and friendly. From the day we booked the place until he sent us to the airport, he was there to assist us. We would certainly book Simon's place again and recommend others to stay at his place. Thank you Simon !
Simon's house was modern and clean and we had our own private bathroom. It was very conveniently located: just a 2 min walk to Fulham Broadway metro station; the neighbourhood also had lots of good bars and restaurants and a supermarket. The room had a comfy bed, but it was a little tight for two people. I should mention, also, that the living room pictured on his listing isn't actually available for use (though that didn't really bother us as we were able to use the kitchen). Moreover, Simon charges 7 Pounds for a load of washing. Overall, it was a great stay!
Simon was a great host, with full meaning. I stayed at his place for 18 nights and he made me feel that it's a home away from my home. Since day one, he welcomed me at his place and gave me the keys, and I felt that this is my London place. It was very nice room that had a double bed which was very comfy. The bathroom was private to me and looked amazing, as well as it was very clean.
The area is amazing around the house and nearby all the amenities and tube station.
I would definitely come and stay at Simons again because of his warm welcome and outstanding manners.
Also I preferred my experience at Simons place on London hotels, where it was best for its value.
I recommend Simons place for you and promise you and pleasurable stay!
Excellent stay. Very nice house, bedroom small but very confortable and very nicely decorated, excellent location, host friendly and discrete ! Quite a success !
Simon was the perfect host, very helpful. The room is on the small side but the bed is big, supercomfy and the room is very quiet. Almost en suite bathroom, just outside the room. Location was perfect for me while I was on business just by Fulham Broadway.
We experienced a very pleasent staying in Simon's flat. We were kindly welcome and we could freely use the nice kitchen and its facilities. The bedroom is quite small but comfortable and cosy. We were allowed to use a private bathroom. The area is really pleasent, rich of restaurants, pubs, markets and shops, very safe and near to bus and undergroud stops.
The accomodation is perfectly fitting the description on the website.
Simon and his girlfriend are respectful of the guest privacy: that is perfect if you don't like to have a "life sharing experience", like us.
Exteremely handy from the tube, easy to find, very comfortable bed which obviously has an expensive matress, smart place/finishes/choice of materials, only marred really by having to leave the window open (hot summers day) such that of tube train noise from the district line and other sporadic noises such as from police/ambulance sirens meant we didn't sleep that well. Suspect with the windows closed it would have been no problem.
People displaced by UKFlood are eligible for waived Airbnb service fees. You will be able to indicate your eligibility after making a booking request. Find out more »