About this listing
A Vacation Rental Home with..
Big clean rooms, comfy beds, flat screen TVs, Wi-fi, cable, W/D, kitchen, cotton sheet, parking. Quiet home in family area, 1 mi to airport&Univ, 2 blocks to mini mall, grocery, fastfood stores
LATE CHECK-INS OK!
The Shaka Shak is a charming updated plantation house with touches of Japanese influence in the interior design. If you are seeking a relaxed island home to "hang loose".... you've found it.
- A total of 250 square feet in this space with 2 double beds ( one is extra long >6.5 ft).
- Make your own meals in fully equipped kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, rice cooker, blender, coffee brewer, coffee grinder, kettle, toaster, pots/pans, dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Clean, clean, clean shared Bathrooms
- Strong Wi-fi signal in the room Free
- Free washer / dryer use in the garage
- Safe, low-traffic, well lit residential area
- Only a couple of couqui frogs in our yard... thanks to our outside cats who manage to keep most out of the perimeters.
- Tranquil, quiet neighborhood on dead end street.
- Separate dining and living rooms areas for social interaction
- Tropical landscape and singing birds in the morning
- Two blocks to restaurants, groceries, and fast food places.
- Close to Hilo airport, but no planes flying over.
*** If you're traveling solo, explore our island WITHOUT a car (from our location) by following my advice below....
- Walk or bicycle (rent $25 per day from local bike company) your way around Hilo town or use the County discounted taxi fare program (5 mile radius). Our quaint town has the most "Old Hawaii" feel than any other city in the state. There are Farmer's Markets, downtown Hilo, Queen Liliuokalani Park, Coconut Island, Rainbow Falls, museums to visit within the 4 miles radius of the city. Lots to see here.
- Sign up for group tours (Mauna Kea Observatory, Waipio Valley, Lava Hiking, Kilauea Volcano, Hot Ponds, Ziplines). Request for a home pick up and return, We are about 2 miles from hotel row, so most tour companies WILL usually do this.
- Take the $1 dollar buses to Kailua-Kona , resorts, and hotels on the west side.
We look forward to meeting you. E Komo Mai
Rent bicycles (ask me where to rent $25/day) to explore Hilo and catch the bus for day trips to the resort Hotels in Waikoloa and Kona for $2.00 per person. Have car rentals and Tour companies pick you up from our in-town location.
Other Things to Note
Hawaii State Taxes of 13.42% are not calculated or collected on this website. We will collect upon arrival. Thanks!
One car parking per guest room
No smoking, drugs, loud parties
Clean your dishes right away
Use earphones, not speakers at night
Be conscientious of bathroom usage
Turn off lights when leaving the room