About this listing
A Vacation Rental Home with
Big clean rooms with comfy beds, flat screen TVs, Wi-fi, cable, W/D, kitchen, cotton linens, parking. Quiet street in family area, 1 mile to airport,& Univ Hawaii, 2 blocks to dining & groceries.
LATE CHECK-INS OK!
- A lockable 200 sqft room with a queen size bed, cable TV and strong Wifi in room
- Check in time is normally 3PM, but we will do our best to accommodate early or late arrivals. Drop off your luggage with us if expecting early arrival.
- FREE washer / dryer use in garage
- Driveway parking is provided
- Make your own meals in fully equipped kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, rice cooker, blender, coffee brewer, coffee grinder, kettle, toaster, pots/pans, dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Clean shared bath with bathtub and shower
- Safe, well lit, quiet residential area bike ride away to downtown Hilo and the beaches.
- Tropical yard with low coqui frog noise for your enjoyment
- Bike / walk all around town... or take the cab at discounted prices.
- Two blocks to restaurants, groceries, and fast food places. About 1 mile to Hilo airport.
*** If you're traveling solo, explore our island WITHOUT a rental car (from our location) by following my advice below....
- Walk or bicycle your way around Hilo town or use the County discounted taxi fare program (4 mile radius). Our quaint town has the most "Old Hawaii" feel than any other city in the state. There are Farmer's Markets, downtown Hilo, Queen Liliuokalani Park, Coconut Island, Rainbow Falls, museums to visit within the 4 miles radius of the city. Lots to see here.
- Sign up for group tours (Mauna Kea Observatory, Waipio Valley, Lava Hiking, Kilauea Volcano, Hot Ponds, Ziplines). Request for a home pick up and return, We are about 2 miles from hotel row, so most tour companies WILL usually do this.
- Take the $2 dollar buses to Kailua-Kona , resorts and hotels on the west side.
You will need a few days on the Hilo side to truly appreciate the beauty and charm of our little town. Don't mind the unpredictable rain... you are in the rain forest anyway.
Ask me where to rent bicycles for $25/day to explore Hilo and catch the island bus to go to the resort Hotels on the Kona side for $2.00. Or have car rentals and some Tour companies pick you up from our in-town location.
Other Things to Note
Hawaii State Taxes of 13.42% are not calculated on this site. We will collect it upon arrival. Mahalo!
*NO smoking (in rooms or lanais), NO drugs, NO parties
Please clean and put away dishes immediately after each use.
Be conscientious of noise level after dark, as we are in a quiet family neighborhood.
*Smoking location is on the street.
Cynthia's place was great and comfy! She gave us a warm welcome right after our arrival. She also provided us with a list of addresses of local restaurants, shopping centres, places to visit etc. It made our stay much easier. She also gave us tips about some places and was very easy to talk to and very helpful. Thank you for everything, Cynthia!
Cynthia is the best host you can imagine. She is very kind and talkative. Her house is 10 min drive from Hilo airport- very easy to find and the room is clean. We spent two days in Hilo. Cynthia gave us great advices in things to do in Hilo. She also taught us making pancake in her kitchen!
Cynthia is very hospitable - she will answer and help everything you need. She also gave us all information about food and thing to do around Hilo, very helpful! The location is quiet and great and bedroom is comfy and vintage.
This is my first trip to Hawaii and I'm very grateful I chose staying Cynthia's place. She also gave me the list of their favorite local eateries and I tried some of restaurants while staying in Hilo! Her house is about ten-minute drive from the airport and very easy to get around town.
We spent 2 nights in this great location. We had a really nice time there and we felt really good. Cynthia was such a nice host and prepared breakfast with pancakes, eggs and coffee every morning.
The reservation was canceled 5 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This host has 106 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Cynthia
Aloha... My daughter Natasha and I will be catering to your vacation needs in our super charming mid-century plantation home. We are on Airbnb because we enjoy meeting people from all over the world, learning other cultures, sharing the wonders of our beloved island and extending our warmest Filipino-Hawaiian hospitality to everyone who walks through our door.
A favorite quotation:" Do not forget little kindnesses and do not remember small faults".
E komo mai, Nou ka hale !! ( Welcome, our house is yours !! )
Please scroll down to the Listings and check out all our rooms on Airbnb.... Click the picture of the room you like for more information.