A Vacation Rental Home with
Big clean rooms with comfy beds, flat screen TVs, Wi-fi, cable, W/D, kitchen, cotton linens, parking. Quiet street in family area, 1 mile to airport,& Univ Hawaii, 2 blocks to dining & groceries.
LATE CHECK-INS OK!
- A lockable 200 sqft room with a queen size bed, cable TV and strong Wifi in room
- Check in time is normally 3PM, but we will do our best to accommodate early or late arrivals. Drop off your luggage with us if expecting early arrival.
- FREE washer / dryer use in garage
- Driveway parking is provided
- Make your own meals in fully equipped kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, rice cooker, blender, coffee brewer, coffee grinder, kettle, toaster, pots/pans, dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Clean shared bath with bathtub and shower
- Safe, well lit, quiet residential area bike ride away to downtown Hilo and the beaches.
- Tropical yard with low coqui frog noise for your enjoyment
- Bike / walk all around town... or take the cab at discounted prices.
- Two blocks to restaurants, groceries, and fast food places. About 1 mile to Hilo airport.
*** If you're traveling solo, explore our island WITHOUT a rental car (from our location) by following my advice below....
- Walk or bicycle your way around Hilo town or use the County discounted taxi fare program (4 mile radius). Our quaint town has the most "Old Hawaii" feel than any other city in the state. There are Farmer's Markets, downtown Hilo, Queen Liliuokalani Park, Coconut Island, Rainbow Falls, museums to visit within the 4 miles radius of the city. Lots to see here.
- Sign up for group tours (Mauna Kea Observatory, Waipio Valley, Lava Hiking, Kilauea Volcano, Hot Ponds, Ziplines). Request for a home pick up and return, We are about 2 miles from hotel row, so most tour companies WILL usually do this.
- Take the $2 dollar buses to Kailua-Kona , resorts and hotels on the west side.
You will need a few days on the Hilo side to truly appreciate the beauty and charm of our little town. Don't mind the unpredictable rain... you are in the rain forest anyway.
Ask me where to rent bicycles for $25/day to explore Hilo and catch the island bus to go to the resort Hotels on the Kona side for $2.00. Or have car rentals and some Tour companies pick you up from our in-town location.
Other Things to Note
Hawaii State Taxes of 13.42% are not calculated on this site. We will collect it upon arrival. Mahalo!
*NO smoking (in rooms or lanais), NO drugs, NO parties
Please clean and put away dishes immediately after each use.
Be conscientious of noise level after dark, as we are in a quiet family neighborhood.
*Smoking location is on the street.
room is clean，cynthia is very nice and the breakfast is very delicious. it's great experience！
The listing was very accurate! Cynthia does such a fine job organically welcoming everyone into her home and ensuring that everyone is comfortable and feels at home. Bfast in the morning is great!! (with some rosemary in the scrambled eggs) She even provided a lift to where I needed to go about 3 miles down the road--no problem. (: Aloha Cynthia!
I had the best stay at Cynthia's house. It couldn't have been better. The place is nice and very clean, and Cynthia is a very warm and generous person that made this stay my best air b&b experience. I highly recommend to meet Cynthia and make it a stop in your trip if you're staying around Hilo.
Cynthia was great! The breakfast was amazing, especially the homemade lilikoi jam. She was friendly and gave us great recommendations in the area. When my phone got wet, she even gave me some rice, which dried it out and fixed it. It was kind of like a really nice hostel/ bed and breakfast with other travelers staying there too.
Welcoming stay with a focus on community! We enjoyed the laid back breakfast with other guests, sharing stories and photos. I personally loved going to sleep to the sound of the coqui frogs at night. So glad we stayed here on our Big Island trip to counter the resort feel of the Kona side.
The reservation was canceled 11 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This host has 90 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Aloha... My daughter Natasha and I will be catering to your vacation needs in our super charming mid-century plantation home. We are on Airbnb because we enjoy meeting people from all over the world, learning other cultures, sharing the wonders of our beloved island and extending our warmest Filipino-Hawaiian hospitality to everyone who walks through our door.
A favorite quotation:" Do not forget little kindnesses and do not remember small faults".
E komo mai, Nou ka hale !! ( Welcome, our house is yours !! )
Please scroll down to the Listings and check out all our rooms on Airbnb.... Click the picture of the room you like for more information.