About This Listing
Our shared private home is specifically intended for students, interns or a J-1 work abroad participants visiting San Francisco for 1 to 6 months. The atmosphere here is friendly and social and we tend to have students from all over the world. You should be flexible, open to sharing, and have a high level of understanding and tolerance to cultures and customs that are different than your own.
Our home was created to encourage as much interaction between housemates as possible and still provide students with more quiet and privacy than is possible in a hostel. However there still is a lot of dynamic social atmosphere in our house. Our two person rooms are shared with other housemates of the same gender, unless opposite gender roommates have agreed to share. Unlike a hostel, the rooms have a desk, drawers an space to spread out, decorate, and make your temporary home feel comfortable.
Housemates enjoy a free high speed internet Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen, private bathrooms and laundry facilities. There's also a community common lounge with comfy sofas, chairs and community desks. Many of us also usually chip in and enjoy one weekly community meal together.
We offer flexible and affordable monthly rates. This is month-to-month rental accommodation so a housemate request application and credit check is required. New housemates pay for at least one month to start. But unlike other homes, that require a fixed term contract, here you always have the option of checking out early, if your plans change. Please contact us for more details on this.
We hope you will contact us for further information.
Living in community is very different than living alone or with a family. You must always be kind and respectful to other housemates and behave in a way that is not a burden to your fellow housemates. You might need to modify your normal routines for the benefit of the community. You should not only be willing to clean up after yourself but be willing to do a little extra to help a housemate or the community.
This is a sample of some of the house rules. A complete list of house rules will need to be agreed to prior to move in.
1. STUDENTS ONLY - This home is intended for short term accommodation for visiting students only. You must maintain your student, intern or educational work exchange status to stay here.
2. FRIENDLY COMMUNITY - You should always be friendly & respectful to others, the house and the neighborhood. Even if you perceive someone is not being respectful to you.
3. NOISE – You must always be mindful of noise that may disturb other housemates or neighbors. No loud noise or music.
4. VISITORS – You may only have a maximum of two visitors in the house at any time. You may not assign your guests to another housemate. Your visitors must sign the guest book. Visiting hours are from 9:00AM – 10:00PM (phone number hidden)) Sunday – Thursday and 9:00AM – Midnight (phone number hidden)) Friday and Saturday.
5. SMOKING – Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the house, out the windows, or within 20 feet of the building.
6. DRUGS – Illegal drugs, including medical marijuana, are not allowed in the building at any time.
7. ALCOHOL – If you are 21, you may consume small amounts of alcohol in the house (i.e. “social drinking”). However, you may not be drunk in the common areas of the house. If you feel the effects of alcohol you need to go out (if it’s safe for you to do so) or go to bed.
8. CLEANING- Y ou are responsible for cleaning your own room. Y ou should also promptly clean any other areas in the house you have used (such as the kitchen and bathrooms) immediately after you have used them. You will be asked to do one cleaning chore per week (such as clean a bathroom).
(website hidden) – You may cook your own meals provided you immediately and thoroughly clean the kitchen and your dishes and pans. To prevent fires, you must be in the kitchen and watching your cooking at all times.
10. NO OPEN FLAME – You may not have any open flame in the house. This includes matches, lighters, candles, smoking or incense.
11. PETS – Pets of any kind are not allowed in the house.
12. SECURITY – You must help to insure the security of the building at all times. Never let in unknown persons. Always make sure the security gate is closed. Report all security problems.
I had a solid time at Darren's home stay. The rooms were fairly clean (though there was some hair/dirt/dust in the dresser upon move-in), and all the people were super nice. I think the Airbnb listing is a bit misleading--you are definitely in Chinatown, NOT Nob Hill, as the listing states, but that's ok. Overall, I'd definitely stay here again if I was ever wandering SF.
The stay here was fantastic. Exactly what I needed, friendly faces after a long day if work, and plenty of privacy when I was tired. Would definitely recommend!
This host has 795 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews