About this listing
The most romantic spot in the most exciting part of Amsterdam? My spacious houseboat in a historic lock with a large idyllic garden and a fantastic view over the river IJ and the skyline of Amsterdam.
I welcome you to stay at my unique place, offering you all the convience for an unforgettable Amsterdam city trip:
- Bedroom and seperate private room in a spacious houseboat with a big garden. Quiet and peaceful but yet very close to the City Center:
- Large bedroom, tv, minibar, free Wifi + seperate (open) room + (shared) luxurious bathroom with bath and seperate shower.
- Breakfast included.
- Comfort. Central heating, double glass etc. which makes it also comfortable to stay during winter.
- Only 3 minutes walk to the Free ferry (24/7, daytime every 5 min, night every 10 minutes). Only one minute to arrive at the center of Amsterdam (Central Station)
- All public transport available from Central Station: Bus, Tram, Subway. Only a few stops to all major museums.
- Walking distance to the center and practically to all nice neighboorhoods and the famous canals.
Enjoy the tranquility, passing ships and the city skyline. In less than two minutes the free ferry (24/7) takes you in the center of Amsterdam! Walk straight to the Jordan with cozy cafes, restaurants, shops and special markets, the Nieuwmarkt or stroll along the famous Amsterdam canals. Or take the tram that takes you within five stops to all major museums like Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank house, Hermitage etc. But directly at my boat there are also plenty of things to do: from the 19th century lock you can walk to the architecturally striking Eye Film Institute (four cinema's, restaurant and bar, the Tolhuis park with music programming during Summer and soon a hotel with revolving restaurant transformed as former Shell Tower. The houseboat is spacious and bright and has a modern bathroom. The garden of 350 m2 offers complete privacy. Enjoy some time in the comfortable loungers in the sun. You'll stay in a large bedroom (approximately 6 x 2,5m2). In addition, there is a separate open room with a table and chairs, tv, free wifi and the bathroom. The bedroom view offer the sight on some houseboats and sailingboats surrounded by trees. The bathroom is shared with the me but don't worry; you only might see me there in the morning. The accomodation is for rent for at least two nights, breakfast is included. Do you want to know more about special and undiscovered places, nice cafes and good and cozy restaurants both in town and in this emerging district? Just ask. For other questions you can also contact me. I look forward to receiving you at our special location!
IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE TO RENT A GARDENHOUSE AT THE SAME LOCATION. FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE OUR OTHER ADVERT ON AIRBNB.
Accessibility. By train: get off at Amsterdam Central Station, take the free ferry at the back (every 5 minutes and 24/7) and after three minutes walk you'll arrive at our houseboat.
By plane: Take the train to Amsterdam Central Station and same as above
By car: set your GPS to Sixhavenweg in Amsterdam
I am not a big fan of making house rules, however here are the most important things that I would like to ask your attention for;
- Non smoking (of course you can smoke outside)
- No pets
- No other guests. You are most welcome to stay but you cannot invite other guests. Sorry.
- No loud music or other loud noise. I won't disturb you either ;-)
- No harddrugs
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 213 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, I am Reinhart, welcome to my profile: I have been living in Amsterdam for many years now. I work in the (international) creative industry. I like to travel, do city trips but also like to visit remote destinations. Love to be on the water, visit museums, go to theaters, enjoy live music, festivals, nice bar's and to meet nice people.
I enjoy to open my house to anyone that likes to have a truly local Amsterdam experience (on the water). We might meet soon?