About this listing
Bedroom/private bath in 1947 bungalow. Enjoy sustainable living and collaborative consumption all under one roof. And mingle with the dogs and cats as well.
Queensize bed with tempurpedic mattress. If a second bed is desired there is plenty of space for an airbed.
Share the home with two sweet cats and two large yet gentle dogs
- Startup Fever sizzles here in what used to be called the Valley of Heart's Delight and is now called Silicon Valley
- Come stay in a bungalow with character built in the forties located in a quiet residential neighborhood two blocks from humming Castro Street (Mtn View's main street) with many excellent restaurants and coffee shops
- 2 blocks from 500 Startups and about a mile from Y Combinator
- 2.5 miles to Hacker Dojo
- six miles from Stanford Campus
- 20 minutes from San Jose Airport (SJC)
- 40 minutes from San Francisco Airport (SFO)
- also near Mountain View Center for Performing Arts and a wonderful Public Library
- 1/4 mile from Stevens Creek Trail
- Four blocks from Caltrain and Light Rail Stations
(shuttles from nearby companies meet the trains)
- easy walk to several bus routes
Other Things to Note
Gluten-free, dairy-free, low-glycemic alternatives are readily available.
For the next 2 or 3 months the price is lowered 20% for seasonal fluctuation and raised 10% to facilitate paying 10% "Hotel" tax until it can be automated.
1) Expect a "security check" from Puff and Lady, my two Great Pyrenees dogs! They are happy to greet you (sitting on the LR couch) and get to know you by way of their olfactory apparatus!
2) Copy of driver license or passport at check-in time for the safety of all
3) Please be respectful of other members of the household (including cats and dogs) and neighbors
a) no smoking/drinking/drugs/or anything illegal for that matter
b) no drama/loud music|conversation
4) wipe down shower
5) Quiet time from 10:00PM to 8AM
Thank you for observing the house rules for the comfort and health of all.
Another really great stay at Peg's. I think her pets have adopted me, especially the cats. This time Peg introduced me to Ava's, a lovely (and healthy!) grocery store just a couple blocks away. Also, if you stay in Mountain View over a weekend, you've got to walk down to the local farmer's market on Sunday morning. Lots of free samples and a great selection of fruits, vegetables, bread, fish and meats, flowers, and tons of other things.
Peg was wonderful! She's very attentive to your needs and very accommodating. She's a great person to talk with, lots of fun stories and suggestions about where to go around Mountain View for food and other things. The dogs were absolutely adorable, super well behaved.
The room was meticulously clean when I arrived. It opens up to a patio and the backyard so you can go sit outside if you want. The ensuite bathroom is also great because you get a lot of privacy. I loved the shower, the water pressure was great and it doesn't take any time for the water to heat up (great for chilly mornings).
The house is located in a great spot as well. It's just one block from Castro St. and downtown Mountain View so you're very close to all the restaurants and shops. Also, it only takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Caltrain station so you can easily get around the Bay.
Overall, it was a great experience! Would definitely come back and stay again.
I've had multiple great stays with Peg. She's a gracious host and always makes sure I have everything I need for a comfortable stay.
Peg was a wonderful, friendly host. The room was perfect for what I needed on a week of business.
Another great stay with Peg. I have two more bookings with her in the next couple months. It's a very comfortable place to be, with a wonderful host.
Peg is the best. This was my third or fourth stay with her - I've lost count! Great location to downtown Mountain View in a quiet, safe neighborhood. I will definitely be staying with Peg again.
Another lovely stay at Peg's house, this time with a new, hypoallergenic pillow, and I've finally had the chance to enjoy her world-famous Saturday morning pancakes. Peg is a gracious host who always makes me feel welcome in her home.
This host has 123 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Peg
Youthful/Geeky Grandmother - ecofriendly / dogfriendly / catfriendly / peoplefriendly.
Have lived in Montreal, Canada / Springfield, IL / Princeton,NJ / New Brunswick,NJ / Roselle, NJ / West Orange, NJ / Livingston, NJ /Fair Haven, NJ /Palo Alto, CA /Menlo Park,CA /Cupertino, CA /San Jose, CA/Boulder, CO /Mountain View, CA