About this listing
A wonderful little retreat right in the middle of Austin. The cabin is only 180 sq ft but has everything you need. Twin bed with 400 thread count sheets, fine towels, coffee & tea setup. While very simple, it is about half the price of a hotel.
The "Zen Cabin" is a tiny 180 sq ft hideaway & is perfect for ONE person. It is a serene, quiet space (heavily insulated soundproofing) right in the center of town: Hyde Park just north of UT. Walking distance to coffee shops, restaurants and grocery stores. 10 minute walk to UT. Bike distance to downtown.
Note: **ONLY ONE GUEST **
There is a full bathroom and twin bed, and it is adjacent to a large garden with many seating options that are you are welcome to use.
I look forward to hosting you!
*400 thread count sheets
*coffee/tea set up
*off street parking
*on main bus routes
*towels and toiletries provided
Please take advantage of the outdoor spaces: hammock, dining table, chairs, trampolene.
Interaction with guests
It is always a treat to meet guests at checkin, visit with them in the garden or even share a glass of wine.
Sometimes, though, guests check themselves in & out with communications all by text. Although I miss meeting them in person, this method works remarkably well too.
I travel a good bit for work & fun, but if I am gone, there is always a "concierge" on site.
Hyde Park is one of the favorite neighborhoods in Austin. Most homes date from the 1920s and there are large established trees. The neighborhood contains Central Market North for gourmet groceries & Wheatsville food co-op for your hippie fix.
There are also many great restaurants such as VinoVino, Asti, Julio's, Uchiko, Tacodeli, Zen. In addition, it is just north of UT Campus.
Right on the #1 or #5 city bus routes or UT's free shuttle.
It is possible to walk to restuarants, shops & grocery stores. For getting further around town look into (website hidden)
From the airport:
-Uber is $15-17 (it is technically not allowed for airport pick up but i use it all the time)
-Supershuttle is @ $14 & is a shared ride with usually 2 other stops.
-Taxi is @ $25-30.
There is a City bus 101 that costs only $1 but is slow. The route ends about 1/4 mile from here or you can connect to the 1 or 5.
Other things to note
What to expect.
We really want you to have a great stay & go out of our way to make it happen. However we are not a hotel, so there is more chance of unexpected things happening, both good & bad. Since the cabin is about a third of the price of a hotel in the area, hopefully that will make up for any short comings we have.
Welcome & Make yourself at home!
* From 2:00 on the day of your arrival, the cabin will be unlocked & key inside so you can arrive at your leisure. If you need an earlier time, let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
* About a week before you arrive, I will email detailed instructions on how to find the apartment, where to park, etc.
* If you need anything, please text me.
* There is off street parking.
* Please smoke outside only & kindly use an ashtray.
* Please feel free to use any of the outdoor spaces, including hammock & dining table
* There is a composting bin if you wish to use it, as well as recycling containers.
* There are large trash & recycling bins between the Main house & the apartment. The large blue bin is recycling the small green is trash.
* Please keep noise down after 10:00p.m. weekdays and midnight on weekends.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 304 reviews for other properties.View other reviews