About this listing
Private and tranquil retreat in the beautiful foothills above Los Gatos. Attractively furnished one bedroom and bath studio nestled in majestic redwoods is available for two day or longer stays.
The guest studio comfortably fits two and is detached from the main house with its own separate deck and entrance with picturesque mountain views. The studio is private and does not have a kitchen, but it is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, dishes and utensils to make a nice snack or meal. We also include coffee, tea, sugar and creamer for your use.
We are located in a beautiful rural setting on one acre of woods and gardens with easy access to biking and hiking trails. If you are interested in wine tasting, we are located at the beginning of Santa Cruz wine country. We are so close; there is even a winery down the hill from our home. Come and relax in a wooded setting with wild life just outside your door, yet be within a few minutes commute of Highway 17, downtown Los Gatos and Silicon Valley.
**Please note that although the listed price is $85/night ($95/night on weekends); this may vary slightly during holiday periods. We also require a 3 night minimum during the holidays.**
Interaction with Guests
We live on the property and we like to greet and have a friendly conversation with our guests. We do check in with our guests to ensure everything is working properly and to answer any questions. However, we completely respect our guests' privacy and we will not disturb you if solitude is what you're after.
We are centrally located to many of the renowned destinations in Northern California. Come and enjoy local wine tasting or the many hiking or biking trails. Explore the quaint town of Los Gatos with its beautifully preserved mix of Victorians and Craftsman bungalows, award winning restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, pubs, spas or art and fashion shops. Enjoy a nearby concert at Jazz in the Park in Los Gatos, Villa Montalvo in Monte Sereno or The Mountain Winery in Saratoga. Or discover the beaches of Santa Cruz, the Monterey Aquarium, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel by the Sea, Half Moon Bay and San Francisco all within an hour’s drive. If you are traveling on business we are close to Silicon Valley and all the major freeways (CA-17, CA-85, I-880, I-280 and 101).
Please note we are located in a rural area. There is no public transportation in the area, so you will need a car or taxi to reach us. We do provide a parking space.
Other Things to Note
• Private deck
• Queen size bed with Novoform memory mattress
• Keurig coffeemaker with coffee and tea provided
• Plates and utensils
• Television with DIRECTV
• High speed internet with Wi-Fi
• Alarm clock radio
• Hair dryer
• Iron & ironing board
• Air conditioning (summer months only)
We look forward to sharing our special place with you.
Don & Christine
• Maximum 2 people. All guests must be registered and should be adults, since the premises is not child safe.
• Sorry no pets. We do have two English Springer Spaniels on the property. Although they are very friendly, we do try to keep them away from our guests, please be kind to them.
• No smoking, illegal activity, loud or disruptive behavior in studio or property.
• Please no candles on or around property, we are in a middle of an exceptional drought. We do provide flameless LED candles for your use.
• Please be considerate of your noise level after dark.
• If anything is not working correctly in the studio please let us know ASAP, so we can correct the issue.
• Turn off all lights, heater and air conditioner when leaving each day.
• Please keep the studio in the same order in which you arrived, return borrowed books etc.
• Park your car in front of fence by gate.
We live on the premises, so please let us know if there is anything you need. We will try to make sure your stay is enjoyable and comfortable!
About the Host, Don & Christine
Christine and I love this area, it is close to everything, but it feels like you are a world away. Don has lived in the bay area his entire life and thoroughly knows the area. We enjoy our 'retreat' in the redwoods that we share with our two dogs. Don is a contractor specializing in custom woodworking and restorations. Christine is an avid gardener. In our spare time, we love to travel and continue to explore all the hidden treasures in the bay area. We are also actively involved in classic car clubs and enjoy restoring classic cars.