Congratulations, you've found it! The perfect place for your stay in Costa Rica.
Casita Limón is a cozy one bedroom home, fully furnished with all the amenities. It is located in a quiet Tico neighborhood, only 1 KM from downtown Atenas.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING:
Check-in time is after 1:00 PM. Check-In after 10 PM is not available without checking with us first. If you arrive late due to a flight delay, we encourage you to stay at one of convenience hotels by the airport and check in with us the following morning. Early Check-In may be possible if we do not have a guest departing the same day. If you arrive early, you are welcome to enjoy the use of the Rancho while we prepare the Casita for you. No refunds for missing a Check-In before 10 PM.
Check-out time is 11:00 AM. If you have a later flight you are still required to check-out of the Casita to avoid scheduling difficulties for other guests. You may enjoy the use of the Rancho until it is time for you to depart.
• Liability disclaimer: The Casita Limón property owner/manager accepts no liability for any accidents, injuries, damages, or losses, to the registered Guest's person(s) and/or property, during their stay.
• The number of guests who can stay in the Casita is limited to the guest(s) listed in the reservation. If you want additional guests to stay with you, please ask us for our approval.
• Smoking is NOT allowed in the casita under any circumstances. You may smoke tobacco products only, outside, or in the Rancho. If you smoke in the casita, a $30 cleaning fees will be deducted from the security deposit.
• The responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages is fine. Inebriated behavior due to the excessive consumption of alcohol is not acceptable, and could result with the guest being asked to leave with no refunds.
• The consumption of illegal drugs is not allowed, and the guest will be asked to leave immediately with no refunds.
• The cost of items lost, damaged, or broken, will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
• There is a $10 service charge for a lost set of keys.
• There is a $50 service charge for a lost remote control for the gate opener.
• There is a $50 service charge for a lost remote control for the air conditioner.
• There is a $75 service charge for a lost cell phone.
• There is a $25 non-refundable cleaning fee for a dog/per stay. Please note: Current canine vaccinations certificates are required for rabies, parvo, canine hepatitis, canine distemper, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and bordetella.
• Pool Rules:
1. Use pool at your own risk. We are not responsible for accidents or injuries.
2. Absolutely no unattended children under 12 allowed in the pool.
3. No animals allowed.
4. No glass containers in the pool area.
5. No running, pushing, or dangerous play allowed.
6. Be considerate - no yelling or other loud noises.
7. No diving.
8. Use the outdoor shower before getting into the pool.
9. For your safety, no one is allowed in the pool during an electrical/thunderstorm.
10. No nudity in the pool.
11. Children should use the toilet before getting into the pool and babies must wear swimmers' diapers.
12. Be aware there is no lifeguard on duty.
1 - While you are enjoying your stay with us please let us know if anything needs attention or needs to be replaced. (i.e. toilet tissue, laundry/dish detergent, light bulbs, garbage bags, etc.)
2. Trash and garbage pickup is on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Please place your trash in a plastic bag and put it in the steel basket outside the property by 7 AM. Do not deposit the trash the night before, or animals will rip the bag open to forage and scatter it everywhere.
3 - Please wash dirty dishes and wipe up spills. We are in the tropics and share this paradise with an abundance of wildlife and insects. Ants love dirty dishes and sticky counters!
4 - Treat our home as you would your own.
5 - If you bring a pet, please clean up after your pet, both inside the Casita and outside in the garden.
• We treat our dogs, Randy, Gustavo (Goose for short) and Yoli, as members of the family. We usually keep them behind gates on our side of the property, but if you are an animal lover, let us know and we will let them come for an occasional visit. They enjoy being petted and spoiled. Please respect our pets.
• We welcome you to our home, and hope you'll find our Casita is your "home away from home." Enjoy the experience!
••• By booking Casita Limón, you acknowledge and agree to the House Rules as defined above •••
I spent most of my 20s here in Costa Rica. I returned to the States to raise a family and build a career, always knowing I would return to Costa Rica someday. We built our casita in 2007 so we would have a place to stay when we came on our vacations to Costa Rica a couple of times a year.
In 2011, my husband John and I officially retired and moved to Atenas. The first year we lived in our humble casita, while we watched our new home being built. In May of 2012, we moved into "la casa grande" and now our casita is available as a short term vacation rental.
For potential Guests reading this profile prior to submitting an inquiry on Casita Limón:
Our property listing will provide detailed information about our Casita and our "House Rules." If you have any questions after reviewing this information, we encourage you to send us an inquiry.
We like to get to know our guests. Tell us a little bit about yourself when you make a reservation or inquiry - where you're coming from, your traveling companions, and the purpose of your trip (vacation, work, retirement opportunities, etc.) This helps us provide you with the information you need to really enjoy your stay with us. With our many years of experience living in Costa Rica, we can help you plan your itinerary to visit all the "must see & do" attractions in Costa Rica.
It is our preference is to accept reservations from house guests with a complete AirBnB profile, verified identification, and a photo... We like to put a face to the name of person who is interested in staying with us.
Come visit us in this beautiful, peaceful land we call home.