About this listing
Oasis on the river bank of the Russian River. Our home is located in the quaint town of Duncans Mills. The 1st. floor suite is 750 ft. & includes a queen bedroom, full bathroom, separate living room with fireplace and flat screen TV. Close to Ocean.
The first floor suite is all yours and includes a queen bedroom, full bathroom with soaking tub/shower and a separate living room with fireplace and flat screen TV (satellite DISH). NO KITCHEN/KITCHENETTE but there is a microwave, full sized refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, a sink, washer and dryer. Home has been completely renovated. A small family with young children (1-2) will be comfortable. RV available as extra bedroom for $25.00 a night. Covered deck with patio table and chairs, porch swing and rocking chair. We are on the sunny side of the river. An acre of landscaped grounds surround the property. Picnic table. Gazebo with chaise lounge, hammock and chairs overlook the river. Gated and fenced. Very secure. Just minutes to the Ocean.
For your convenience:
1. Kayaks - 5 for your use + life vests (free)
2. We provide a Continental Breakfast.
3. Linens, towels, and body wash/shampoo.
4. RV available for extra bedroom for an
adult. Full- bed. $25 per night.
On the sunny side of the River. Landscaped grounds are about 20 steps to the Russian River. A cement stairway to launch kayaks. Safe, secure parking and 2 hours from San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. Completely gated and fenced.
Interaction with Guests
We live full time on the 2nd floor of the home and will be available to help with ideas, locations and friendly advice on all of the many activities in the Sonoma County Wine Country.
Surrounded by giant redwoods, mountains, ranch land complete with cows. Just a few miles to the Pacific Ocean. Across the river from us is a a bird sanctuary. Wild life all around to see - seals in the river, red fox, Blue Heron, White Pelican, cranes, owls and hawks. Willow Creek State Regional Park is just across the river from us. There is hiking, biking and fishing. Just minutes away from the ocean. Armstrong Woods in Guerneville is the home of the largest Redwoods and they have great walking paths, hiking and camping. Many good restaurants. Surrounded by wineries....Close to Santa Rosa and Healdsburg.
In Duncans Mills will you find:
+ Great Restaurants a few minutes away.
+ General Store. Coffee shop and bakery.
+ Wine and Cheese tasting, several Antique and Art Gallery's, Tea shops, several gift shops, and a flower/garden shop.
There are two golf courses in the immediate area:
1. Northwood Golf Course- 6 miles. Named the 3rd
best 9 hole golf course in the USA. Beautiful course among the Redwoods.
2. The Links at Bodega Harbor-16 miles. A beautiful 18 hole golf course along the Pacific Ocean.
You will need your own transportation. Rural area and located on Hwy.116 and no public transportation is available. Approximately 2 hours from San Francisco.
Other Things to Note
3 night minimum for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day Holidays.
1. Water safety is very important. Adults should be watching children when near the river.
2. Life vests required for kayak use. Available here. Bring tennis shoes or river/ocean shoes if you are going kayaking.
3. No Smoking Inside or Outside. No burning of candles inside. No hot plates or electric appliances.
4. No Parties or extra guests unless approved by host.
5. We appreciate your leaving the suite as clean as you found it.
6. Please arrive by dark if possible. The highway is winding and rural.
7. As guests, you assume all risk of injury, accident or illness while here on the property.
8. You assume responsibility for damage in excess of normal wear and tear.
9. Please check that you have not left personal items. We assume no responsibility for those items left behind.
About the Host, Susan And David
Our Russian River home is like arriving back from a beautiful vacation! The winding roads throughout the wine country are always changing with the season. We lived in Germany for 3 years as a newly married couple and traveled throughout Europe. Our next adventure took us to Colorado & Vail, a start-up ski area. For the next 10 years we skied, camped in the National Parks when we had time from work & raising our sons. During this time we found the northern California coast. The Pacific Ocean intrigued us with its rugged beauty. So we would to love to share this part of this world you.
While living in the wine country part of Germany, we enjoyed staying in small pensions or private homes through out Europe. It was fun to meet the "local" family and learn about their food and way of life. As our family and friends came to see us in Europe, we showed them how we traveled & their best times were staying in Bed & Breakfasts or rooms in small homes.
Living in northern California in the Wine Country is a special place! We love good food and wine, art, music, gardening, sports, traveling and meeting new people.