About this listing
Classic San Francisco Edwardian house. Two floors, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen. Cable TV, wifi. We are located in the safe, convenient, family-friendly Inner Richmond neighborhood near Golden Gate Park.
***ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN WE ARE ON VACATION. CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE ANY DATES
Our beautiful, 1600 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Edwardian home in the family-friendly Inner Richmond is available when we are traveling.
The main floor includes living room, dining room, kitchen, and full bathroom. Original Edwardian-home styling including dining room "hutch", intricate wood floor designs, wainscoting, etc. The kitchen is bright and large with modern appliances and dishwasher. Living room includes flat screen tv with DVD, DVR capabilities. We also have an elliptical exercise machine. Free wifi.
The top floor has three bedrooms, each of which can fit 2 adults: a master bedroom with a king-size bed, an additional guest room with a queen-size (high-in-height) air-mattress, and a kids room with two twin mattresses on the floor. We can easily remove a twin mattress and add another queen-size air mattress in this room, too.
So six can sleep upstairs. If need be, we can also fit two more adults on the pull-out living room couch.
There is another full bathroom on the top floor.
Large, fenced-in, quiet backyard. Enjoy your morning coffee outdoors or soak in the delightful mid-day sun on the patio. Patio also includes bbq grill.
Basement includes laundry facilities and ping-pong table!
(Basement also includes separate 1-bedroom 1-bathroom apartment that we rent out on Airbnb regularly, if that is more to your liking.)
We are a married couple, with two children. We have traveled the world and were particularly grateful for the generosity of many hosts who opened up their homes to us, often demonstrating their desire for us to love and enjoy their city and country. Our hopes, at that time, was that one day, we would own our own home, and meet and host visitors from all over.
In 2011 we moved from NYC to San Francisco. We bought our dream home in September, 2012. We enjoy playing host and welcoming visitors into our home and suggesting great places to visit while staying in the San Francisco area.
We are in compliance with the 2014 San Francisco home sharing legislation. We are registered with the city, and by law must post this information on our listing:
SAN FRANCISCO SHORT-TERM RESIDENTIAL RENTAL REGISTRATION NUMBER: STR(phone number hidden)
Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations.
Interaction with Guests
This is our house and we are renting it out when we are traveling, so we will have limited interaction with our guests during their stay, but are always available via phone and email before and during their stay.
The Inner Richmond is one of the most popular, convenient neighborhoods in San Francisco:
- Three blocks from Golden Gate Park, specifically near The California Academy of Sciences, De Young Museum, Japanese Gardens, and Arboretum.
- Three blocks from Clement Street, including its fabulous restaurants (such as Burma Superstar, B Star, Troya, Giorgio’s Pizza, Toy Boat Dessert), many coffee shops, See’s Candies, bakeries, Green Apple Bookstore (regularly voted best used bookstore in SF), spas, and more
- The Inner Richmond is home to the “other” or “real” Chinatown (less touristy than downtown)
- Five blocks from the Presidio, where you can experience breath-taking views, hikes and golf
- Convenient grocery shopping, including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, 24-hour Safeway, fresh fruit markets, and many Asian supermarkets.
- Great location for running and biking (multiple bike rental shops nearby; secure bike storage is available in our garage).
Our location is easily accessible to public transportation:
- One express bus (1 block away) will take you downtown to the Ferry Building, where you can enjoy gourmet restaurants and bountiful farmer's markets 3 times per week.
- Just 1 block walk in the other direction and another bus line will take you directly to all the shops of Union Square if you travel east, or to Ocean beach if you travel west.
- We have easy, direct bus access to popular neighborhoods, such as The Castro, Dolores Park, The Mission, The Sunset, The Fillmore, Japantown, The Haight, NOPA, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley, and of course, downtown.
No smoking of any kind on the property.
Quiet hours are 10:30pm - 6:00am during the week (Mon-Thurs), and 12:00am - 6:00am on weekends (Fri-Sun).