***AVAILABLE FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS***
Our beautiful, 1600 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Edwardian home in the family-friendly Inner Richmond is available when we are traveling.
The main floor includes living room, dining room, kitchen, and full bathroom. Original Edwardian-home styling including dining room "hutch", intricate wood floor designs, wainscoting, etc. The kitchen is bright and large with modern appliances and dishwasher. Living room includes flat screen tv with DVD, DVR capabilities. We also have an elliptical exercise machine. Free wifi.
The top floor has a master bedroom, plus two kids rooms with cribs, and a second full bathroom. We also have a queen-size (high-in-height) Aerobed that can easily fit in on of the kids rooms. So four adults can sleep comfortable upstairs, plus one more on the living room couch.
Large, fenced-in, quiet backyard. Enjoy your morning coffee outdoors or soak in the delightful mid-day sun on the patio. Patio also includes bbq grill.
Basement includes laundry facilities and ping-pong table!
(Basement also includes separate 1-bedroom 1-bathroom apartment that we rent out on Airbnb regularly, if that is more to your liking.)
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
The Inner Richmond is one of the most popular, convenient neighborhoods in San Francisco:
- Three blocks from Golden Gate Park, specifically near The California Academy of Sciences, De Young Museum, Japanese Gardens, and Arboretum.
- Three blocks from Clement Street, including its fabulous restaurants (such as Burma Superstar, B Star, Troya, Giorgio’s Pizza, Toy Boat Dessert), many coffee shops, See’s Candies, bakeries, Green Apple Bookstore (regularly voted best used bookstore in SF), spas, and more
- The Inner Richmond is home to the “other” or “real” Chinatown (less touristy than downtown)
- Five blocks from the Presidio, where you can experience breath-taking views, hikes and golf
- Convenient grocery shopping, including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, 24-hour Safeway, fresh fruit markets, and many Asian supermarkets.
- Great location for running and biking (multiple bike rental shops nearby; secure bike storage is available in our garage).
Our location is easily accessible to public transportation:
- One express bus (1 block away) will take you downtown to the Ferry Building, where you can enjoy gourmet restaurants and bountiful farmer's markets 3 times per week.
- Just 1 block walk in the other direction and another bus line will take you directly to all the shops of Union Square if you travel east, or to Ocean beach if you travel west.
- We have easy, direct bus access to popular neighborhoods, such as The Castro, Dolores Park, The Mission, The Sunset, The Fillmore, Japantown, The Haight, NOPA, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley, and of course, downtown.
We are a married couple, with two children. We have traveled the world and were particularly grateful for the generosity of many hosts who opened up their homes to us, often demonstrating their desire for us to love and enjoy their city and country. Our hopes, at that time, was that one day, we would own our own home, and meet and host visitors from all over.
In 2011 we moved from NYC to San Francisco. We bought our dream home in September, 2012. We enjoy playing host and welcoming visitors into our home and suggesting great places to visit while staying in the San Francisco area.
A friend and I traveled to San Francisco to visit some friends. I had a great time staying in this apartment. The apartment is exceptionally well-maintained and the location is prime. David and his wife were great hosts. They made sure that our stay was comfortable and provided anything we needed.
Staying here will give you a genuine San Francisco experience. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, with easily accessible bus lines connecting you to the BART, subway, and other bus lines in downtown. Plus, Golden Gate park is only minutes away!
David and Kim were absolutely great hosts! They gave us a warm welcome and made us feel very at home. The apartment is well stocked, but they live in the unit above and were happy to help if there was some other random thing we needed (like spices or an odd shaped bowl). The apartment has lots of light for being on the lower level, with big sliding glass doors looking out to the back yard. But the best part was that they helped us out of a tight spot by being flexible when we needed an extra night or two. Very responsive to our questions and all around a great experience. We would definitely recommend their place. (also, the shower is really great!)
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.