About this listing
You will have a comfortable, relaxing and private corner of the condo, along with your own private bath. During your stay, you can walk 4 blocks to historical Downtown Oakland or take a 10 minute bart/subway to San Francisco. Please read on :)
We have been hosting for almost 4 years and we'd love for you to stay with us. You get your own private room and your own private bath. The bedroom comfortably fits 2 people. If there is a 3rd person, we have an air mattress for you to use. The building is secure with tons of amenities.
Serenity Studio - 2nd Floor
Bike Workshop - Lobby
Sky Deck - 4th Floor
Outdoor Fireplace - 2nd Floor
Resident Lounge w/Billiards - 2nd Floor
State of the Arts Fitness Center - Lobby
Business Lounge (free printer & latte maker) - Lobby
Rotating Local Art Gallery
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar
Fresh Coffee in the morning
On Call Masseuse
Lots of street parking & paid parking garage next door
Interaction with Guests
All our guests are unique and so our interactions w/guests vary from a 'help yourself we're not home' to 'private/quiet/relaxing' to 'dinner & movies' to 'family setting' to 'icebreaker show and tells' to 'come with us to this event' to 'party animal til the sun comes up'. It all depends on you.
We travel a lot and so we have the place setup where you can help yourself to the linens, w/d, kitchen, living room, etc.
Our home is steps away from the farmer's market (only Fridays). Check out the latest exhibit at the Oakland Museum of California. Meet up with friends at one of the many lively new restaurants, lounges and cafes just moments away in Old Oakland. Enjoy a great concert at the Fox Theater, which is only a block away or go to Van Cleef. Cafe Van Kleef is a wonderful place to relax after a busy day; enjoy an elegantly strong drink flavored with fresh-squeezed fruit and the finest selection of top-shelf liquor to be found. Experience canoeing or whitewater rafting at (website hidden) or take a road trip to the beautiful South Lake Tahoe to ski or snowboard. If you are into fashion, visit East Bay Bridge Shopping Center, Rockridge Shopping Center or Trans Pacific Centre.
Checkout our guidebook :)
We are 2 blocks from the Bart Station (Subway Station), 10 minutes to good ol' San Francisco. 5 minutes from the ferry to SF. From San Francisco Airport to 12th St. Oakland City Center takes less than 20 minutes. Approximately 12 minutes from Oakland Airport.
There is street parking and a garage next door for a fee.
Street parking and garage parking for fee available:
1250 Martin Luther King Junior Way
Oakland, CA (phone number hidden)
Other Things to Note
Schedule your in home massage therapist in advance to make your stay even more relaxing :) Her number is located in our home manual.
Yoga class in the serenity studio every Monday and Wednesday at 7pm.
1) Please take your shoes upon entering.
2) We have a dog named Pearl (Bichon Poodle mix). Close your bathroom door and your bedroom door, if you want to keep her out. Otherwise, she will come and play in your room :)
3) To use the building amenities, use the fob key. Management doesn't allow smoking on premise including building/patio/apartment. Smoking is allowed outside the gates of the building, where the 3 angel statues reside.
4) Kindly clean up after yourself. Recycling is located under the kitchen sink & disposables (other trash) go in the garbage can by the patio door next to the water dispenser.
5) Fresh linens and towels are in the closet. If we are not home, please take your linens and put them in the hamper by the laundry machines located at the front of the apartment. If you are checking in and we are not home, help yourself to make your bedroom. Please make yourself at home. Anything in the living room, patio, bathroom and kitchen are free to use. Remember to put things back where you found them.
****Very Important: Do not let management know you are an AirBnB guest because it is not allowed*****