About this listing
Russian River Resort Area MOUNTAIN RETREAT Redwood guesthouse/studio: 1 queen-size bed/1 full bath with SpaShower; Large Screen TV/DVD, WiFi; kitchenette, full octagon deck with outdoor gas grill, patio, and hot tub on private lower deck with view.
Sleep soundly and so very comfortably as you sink into your pillow-top queen bed with memory foam mattress topper!
All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent. Exclusive use Hot tub is on a private lower deck, not shared, and working as pictured, and available year-round.
Enjoy lounging on the sunny unique octagon deck in the 2 zero-gravity chairs, the rocker or either bistro set, as well as enjoying the privacy of your lower deck hot tub (not shared, available year-round !). No Smoking!
Welcome to your retreat to awe and wonder evoked by beautiful views and the great memories you'll create here! The radio show On Being, aired an interview with Esther Sternberg called "The Science of HEALING PLACES." In it, Esther Sternberg, an immunologist and pioneer in the field of environmental psychology, related her excitement about discovering that there are measurable physiological and neuroscientific bases to the feeling of AWE and WONDER evoked by BEAUTIFUL VIEWS or by places that trigger GOOD MEMORIES. "I firmly believe from what I have seen that this is the chosen spot of all the earth as far as nature is concerned," horticulturist Luther Burbank said of Sonoma County.
About 75 miles north of San Francisco lies the Russian River Valley, which was nominated as one of the Wine Regions of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011. In the heart of beautiful coastal Sonoma County Wine Country you’ll find The Sunrise Mountain Guest House Studio encircled by sun, stars, moon and massive redwoods.
“Few wine regions evoke more vivid impressions of great wine, stunning landscapes and friendly people than the Russian River Valley. World-class Zinfandels and Petite Sirahs abound, often from gnarled, centenarian vineyards. Rhône varieties, both red and white, as well as great Chardonnays join the valley’s crown jewel: Pinot Noir, now coming off a stellar string of vintages” (Wine Enthusiast magazine).
The Sunrise Studio, in its beautiful private Mountain Retreat setting, creates an ideal environment for writers/musicians, clergy/religious, health professionals, YOU, on retreat/getaway or for...
* Private intimate wedding, Vow renewal, honeymoon or romantic proposal location
* Times of reflection, indoors or while out “sunning” on the deck with cool mountain breezes and lots of privacy.
* Uninterrupted rest & relaxation or constant opportunities for vacation related activities in Wine Country & Sonoma Coast
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, valley...Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating and fishing (fly) in the near-by Russian River or walking in Austin Creek just down the hill!
* Concentrated reading or writing and reflection
* Extended solitude for contemplation
* Rejuvenate...we offer a spectacular shower experience and on-site outdoor hot tub. Or, book a personal/couple massage (nearby or out-call)
* large window in Shower/Spa is 1-way view; you can see out, but you (and the deer!) cannot see in !
... we are happy to recommend:
--Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary - just 25 mins. away in Freestone. Phone: (phone number hidden)
--The Spa at Applewood - just 5 miles east in Guerneville. Phone: (phone number hidden)
--Or enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) at Patte's Guerneville parlor or here at The Studio (out-call). (email hidden) (phone number hidden))
or yoga session/pampering by Cindy of (website hidden) :)
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcome (see pet fee policy under "House Rules" tab). For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. For guests staying more than 2 nights, their pet fee is discounted to $25/night/pet.
Pet fee is due in addition to and separate from your Airbnb lodging quote.
The kitchenette (NOT a kitchen) has all the utensils you'll need for serving snacks/beverages, but NOT intended for cooking; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven (no stove), coffeemaker (filters provided) and electric teapot, and outdoor gas grill. The kitchenette is NOT a kitchen and not intended for cooking meals: microwave and toaster oven only for warming or heating and enjoying previously prepared light snack-meals, etc.; cupboard has plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery.
You are NOT allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner. No extensive cooking or meal preparation on premises; see "House Rules"
For your dining convenience, there’s a lap-tray and folding bistro table & chairs set for inside use as well as a rocking chair, if the weather prohibits enjoying your coffee/wine/meal on the front porch or deck. You're also welcome to patronize local: restaurants, organic grocery, a Safeway, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; or you may prefer to "order-in" or "takeout".
Once your reservation is accepted/confirmed, I'd be happy to send you our "virtual web tour" email/attachment where you "click" your way through Sonoma Coast and Wine Country sites and dining.
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS. Guest towels for on-site use only! Thanks:)
* Bring your own liquid body wash, shampoo, toiletries.
* I-pod dock with speakers provided
* no early check-in; no luggage drop off
* NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, Zipline through the Redwoods!
Birding, wildflowers, tide-pooling, fishing, and so much more!
**As sensible safety for all, we'll ask registered guests to present a valid state picture identification upon arrival/welcome or at an agreed upon time. We'll present ours, as well.**
__*Minimum Age Limit For Guest(s): 25 yrs. old with valid ID
Be sure to thoroughly read the Guest Policy Agreement /"HOUSE Rules" tab before booking. Only registered guests will have access to all amenities listed pertaining to the unit itself.
Interaction with Guests
Upon arrival/check-in, I always need to greet my guests (please show/present your valid photo IDs) and point out amenities/brief tour. During your stay, total privacy; yet usually local and happy to be available/accessible for any guidance, questions or concerns.
Upon departure, you must actually "check-out" ( be sure to report on your stay, any concerns, etc.) so I may give you a proper "send-off" :)
There's bus transportation (SCTA) from Santa Rosa to Monte-Rio via Guerneville (#20). If you need a lift, I'd be happy to pick you up in Monte Rio, if I'm available. There is also a Monte Rio Taxi service (google search), always available.
Other Things to Note
Come to the CA Redwoods to renew your vows or an anniversary GetAway (Sonoma Coast and Russian River Area) ... this intimate Wedding & Vow Renewal site (Additional Fees apply, for ceremony, etc.). Contact me for your on-site PRIVATE intimate Wedding/Renewal of Vows/Anniversary ceremony, then stay for your "honeymoon" getaway!
--large window in Shower/Spa is 1-way view; you can see out, but you (and the deer!) cannot see in !
The Studio "House Rules" & Guest Agreement
Be sure to Agree to the "Guest Policy" before booking (initial where indicated *)
_____*Minimum Age Limit For Reserved Guests: 25 yrs. old with valid ID
_____*Pricing: Rates are as listed
_____*Cancellations: To receive 50% refund of deposit and/or any prepayment, notice is required no less than 30 days before check-in/arrival date (____* I understand this policy may supersede Airbnb cancellation policies.___* If I choose to cancel, and involve the host in my cancellation process, then a $75 service fee is deducted from my refund).
--Minimum Stays: There is a 2 night minimum.
--Check-in: 4:30 p.m to 8pm. Late arrivals are discouraged; no discounts or extra fee.
--Check-out: 10:30 a.m. or before; not after! (Exceptions upon request DURING last night or last morning of your stay), or may be subject to additional day charge.
--Day Use: None (due to the intimate size of the property, privacy & safety)
--Visitors: We’re sorry, ONLY registered guests; NO outside visitors are allowed during your mountain retreat getaway.
--Parking: Driveway use only (fire hazard); parking is limited to ONE (1) vehicle.
_____*NON-SMOKING Only! Sonoma County ordinance restricts smoking on property. Smoking (including use of “E”- cigarettes) is prohibited in the house and on the surrounding decks. Smoking in any of the rooms will incur an automatic $175 damage penalty. There are NO “designated smoking areas”_________________________signature
--No outside noise from 9 p.m-9 a.m per Sonoma County Ordinance.
--Children: No. Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children.
_____*Pets: Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote. For all size dogs (up to 2 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. When booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing : ___ @ $35/night x _____nights = Total amount due: $ ______ (For guest staying more than 2 nights, their pet reservation fee is discounted to $25/pet/night; if pets do not “check-in”, then refund in full!)
--Early Departures: There are NO refunds for early departures and/or unused nights.
_____*Additional Fees and Taxes: ____*There will be an extra $75 fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. (Taxes included in reservation payment)
--EASY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS: Make it a really long weekend. Stay Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a late (12 pm) checkout on Sunday. An extra day of wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book. For sports fans, see the game on your large screen TV. The fine print: offer based on availability (check with owner the last night or last morning DURING your stay!).
"I firmly believe from what I have seen that this is the chosen spot of all the earth as far as nature is concerned." horticulturist Luther Burbank said of Sonoma County
Signed: ______________________________________ Date: ______________
Check-in is 4:30pm-8pm only
Check-out is 10:30am or before, but not after
--NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY
The Studio Guest House is totally for your relaxing pleasure; hang out in bed, just a little longer, and reflect on the mountain beauty of the Redwood, Pine, Fir, Madrone and oak trees that cradle you. There’s life and love in the air...breathe it in...hold it close...and then share it with joy. It’s your moment to honor and respect all that is, to be at one.
(1) NO cooking indoors. The Studio is equipped with a kitchenette, not a kitchen, so any food preparation is intended to be limited. You are not allowed to use your own camp-stove or any electric or gas burner.
Note: There will be an extra $75 (electrician/maintenance) fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking.
The kitchenette is intended for warming prepared items. There is a microwave and toaster oven only for warming or heating light snack-meals, etc. The toaster oven works great for warming up pizzas, leftovers and other goodies, as well as toast.
(2) Grilling outdoors; first turn 1 knob to ignite position; if it does not ignite, repeat procedure. Utensils are provided. Extensive grilling is restricted (i.e, Ethnic, Asian BBQ, etc.). PLEASE turn-OFF each knob.
BE warned: Birds and other creatures WILL eat food left unattended :(
(3) Using the Jacuzzi Whirlpool/hot tub: use caution climbing in and out. Showering before use is REQUIRED for balanced water management & your health. After 20 mins use, be sure the jets are off for 5 mins. (every 20mins); when done, replace the cover in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(4) Using the Indoor Ceiling Fan: CAUTION!! Please be sure the fan blades are not in contact with overhead TV before using the ceiling fan.
(5) Using candles: contained/jar candles ONLY. No un-contained, free-standing candles permitted indoors or outdoors. Do not leave candles unattended.
(6) Use your own BEACH Towels and beach blankets; guest towels are for on-site use ONLY.
(7) NO SMOKING ON THE PROPERTY !
(1) Pets must be kept OFF bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, pets must NOT be in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). Please be sure to bring your pet’s favorite sleeping pad/bedding. (3) Pets are not permitted to run or roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep them on a leash and comply with community courtesy: please remember to pick-up/clean-up after them (blue doggy bone/waste bags are provided on side of Guesthouse on the metal railing; place waste in black Trash bucket Only). Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
---No smoking on the property at any time. $175 damage penalty will be assessed.
---parking is restricted to the parking pad ; 1 car maximum. It is a fire hazard to park otherwise.
---Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash.
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, cookware, etc. should be left in sink w/soapy water to soak before check out. Thanks :)
---keyless or keyed entry: access code or key will be given upon check-in; although locking your door (especially while you are off the property) may not seem necessary, it is recommended.
---10:30 a.m. or before, not after! (If a late check-out “Easy on Sunday morning” is of interest to you, kindly check availability with your host last night or last morning DURING your stay).
---Double check: be sure the outdoor grill knobs are OFF
---Dishes, etc. should be left soaking in hot soapy water upon departure.
Everything you'll need for your intimate continental breakfast or to warm your pizza from Raymond's