About This Listing
The spacious room in a stylish apartment comes with a jacuzzi, three fireplaces and a gourmet kitchen. Enjoy urban Oslo, combine with walks along river Akerselva, get easy access to rest of city.
- 105 sq. metres
- 2 large bedrooms (you will have one of them)
- large living room with dining area
- large kitchen with bar for dining
- bathroom (with shower and jacuzzi)
- 20 sq. metres (guest room)
- 180X200 cms bed, sleeps two
- 105X200 cms chaise longue in living room, sleeps one comfortably and two if they are very much in love
- Free wi-fi which you can even access from the cafe across the street
- Multi-cultural urban environment filled with character
- Cafes, esp Tim Wendelboe, ranked #1 in Oslo by NYT
- Diversity of cuisine in restaurants
- Three microbreweries within 5 mins walk
- 'Food Hall' (Mathallen)
- River Akerselva
- Lively nightlife
- Several independent theatres for live music, stand up comedy
- Design and Architecture Museum (DogA)
- Enjoy the large inner courtyard interacting with the neighbours while BBQing or sipping a glass of wine, weather permitting.
- Take advantage of the well-quipped kitchen. Make use of one of the largest collection of spices, lentils, and chillies you might have come across in a home.
- If you provide good wine, I might even offer you a home made meal ;-).
- Most of the attractions are within walking distance but public transportation is readily available from the flat: 4 trams and 2 buses leave from right across the street. The closest underground station (Oslo Central Station or Oslo S) is less than 10 mins walk.
- One bike available for guest's use.
Other Things to Note
I can offer a special deal for stays longer than 5 days. Bed linen, towels, hair dryer provided.
The hardwood floors would appreciate it if you took your shoes off in the foyer- indoor slippers are OK.
Please clean up the kitchen and bathroom after use.
Guest/visitors are welcome, just check with me before inviting.
From Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2015 the minimum stay is 1 night.
Stayed with Sangeeta for 3 days in December 2014. She was a lovely host and made me feel comfortable at all times (not to mention a great cook and cocktail maker!). She gave me tips for the local area including a great Coffee place and local food markets. Her home was as shown in the pictures, and the room I stayed in was large with a comfortable double bed. The location is one of the best in Oslo, staying in the hippest part of town, but only a 10 min walk to the central Oslo train station. I would definitely stay here again.
The apartment was just as described and Sangeeta is very kind. Located in Grünerløkka, in the heart of Oslo, it is a charming home and the owner is very warm and hospitable, and last but not least she is a good cook! She made a very comfortable spacious room for guests and the place is nicely furnished and clean. In the neighbourhood there is everything you need: cafés, nice boutiques, restaurant, club, superarket and gyms near by. Close to the tram and bus stop. So it is perfect for short and long stays. I strongly suggest your stay here. Thank you for a lovely stay!
Undoubtedly the coolest person in Oslo! Hosts like Sangeeta encourage me to continue using Airbnb.
I would not have enjoyed Oslo nearly as much if I had stayed in a hotel.
The apartment is conveniently close to a tram stop, and can be reached very easily from Oslo central station. The pictures don't lie, the place is well maintained and very comfortable. I enjoyed Lokka as well, plenty of Microbreweries within a few minutes of the apartment. Sangeeta knows where each one is hidden.
Also, be sure to ask her about the "Absolut Vindaloo" :)
Sangeeta is an easy-going, joyful & intelligent woman. We had interesting conversations (Reading the same book at the same time can be inspiring ;-)) and shared tips on food & other matters. She makes the best hummus I have ever tasted. Please, do try to convince her to sell it online.
The area in which she lives is trendy & very central. Close by the river (wonderful to stroll along), doga (Centre for Design & Architecture) & Mathallen (luxurious food court, affordable prices for fish, top quality vegetables, cheeses,...). The Opera is only a 10 minutes walk away. She lent me her bike which was ideal to discover parts of the city that were a bit further away. I had a great stay!
Sangeeta's apartment was so beautiful! Great location in the very hip Lokka neighborhood and an easy walk to much of the city. We walked to the train station the morning we left. She wasn't home when we stayed there so she very thoughtfully let us a list of her favorite restaurants in the area and was very communicative about directions or anything else we needed. Would highly recommend her place!
I had the pleasure of a true flatmate-style experience with Sangeeta because she was home the whole time I was there. It was awesome! She's a really easy going person, great to talk to, as well as be around and NOT have to talk to. We even cooked for each other a couple of times and shared a bottle of red, which for me is what makes Airbnb so great.
Apartment wise: perfect, perfect, perfect. Location, supplies for the guest, cleanliness - all perfect. I really loved staying here, you should definitely try it.
Sangeeta is super friendly and Her cooking is very good.
Regarding the abitation id very confortable becouse all the shops are close to and also the pubblic transport. Thwe apartament is very sunny especially the living room.
I can't complaing becouse it was a great experience!
About the Host, Sangeeta
I am originally from India but settled in Norway for more than 10 years now after having lived in the US for several and France for a couple. I did not grow up either skiing or cooking and learned both at an 'advanced' age so am quite proud of them. I simply can't live without chilli peppers- I need to have them in my dessert and even my drinks.