About This Listing
This unique award winning architect designed beach house in Cape Schanck is close to the bay and back beaches, golf and wineries, the house is ideally situated for a great break away and is perfect for children.
This unique architect designed beach house in Cape Schanck is close to the bay and back beaches, golf and wineries, the house is ideally situated for a great break away and is perfect for children.
This award winning, architecturally designed custom built home has been widely acclaimed both Nationally (best house, national Royal Australian Institute of Architects awards) and Internationally due to the innovative design, particularly the internal water tank which contributes to keeping the home cool in summer.
Set amongst the tea tree, this environmentally conscious property accommodates up to 8 guests (maximum of 6 adults) with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan living area complete with heating panels and a stunning stone floor and a Jetmaster open fire. State of the art kitchen complete with S/S Franke appliances and D/W.
The private outdoor patio has external speakers and is the place for you to relax and enjoy, with outdoor setting and BBQ.
THIS PROPERTY SLEEPS 8 (maximum of 6 adults)
BED 1:Double Bed
BED 2: Double Bed + 1 bunk
BED 3: Queen Bed
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY:
Everyday amenities such as shower gel, handwash, paper towels etc. Fully functioning kitchen with gas cookers, Nespresso coffee machine, Blender, Juicer, tableware, cutlery, crockery, pots & pans, glasses and platters to accommodate 6 adults (or up to 8 people with children).
Complimentary clean for stays greater than 1 week.
Features: Open fire, TV/DVD, Stereo, Wireless, BBQ, Herb Garden
We also feature an extensive DVD, CD and games library.
THINGS TO DO:
Cape Schanck's stunning coastline provides attractions for all types of visitors, whether you choose to visit one of the 62 wineries in the area, play a game of cliff-top golf (10 mins walk), take a walk along the boardwalk or up to the lighthouse with spectacular coastline views, or snorkel amongst the wonderful marine life in the rock pools.
Drive along our coastlines and cruise our quiet country roads, and the Peninsula's love affair with wine, fresh produce and bountiful food on the table quickly becomes obvious.
The Peninsula's landscapes are reminiscent of the Mediterranean too, with silvery olive groves, rolling hills laced with vineyards, waterfront cafes and restaurants, roadside signs for strawberries or free range eggs and lively local markets where growers bring just-picked and just-made produce.
Our gentle maritime climate puts a very individual stamp on Mornington Peninsula wines, as do the micro-climates which result in quite different wine styles from the same grapes grown at neighbouring vineyards.
Special offers at
Terms and Conditions of Cape Schanck Holiday Accommodation
1. A deposit of 50%, or 100% if booking is within 2 weeks, is non refundable and is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 7 days prior to occupancy. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
2. If Cancellation is caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If a refund is made due to the property being relet a $100 cancellation fee will apply.
3. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
4. Number of Guests cannot exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Substantial fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
5. Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Use contrary to the terms & conditions (i.e. late night partying, disturbing the neighbours, damage to property) will result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
6. Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
7. Departure - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 11am by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
8. Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
9. Bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The bond will be refunded within 14 days in full subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared …etc.
10. If additional cleaning above 3 hours is required then a cleaning charge at $45 per hour may be charged.
11. Providing misleading information will forfeit the bond.
12. All monies returned will be EFT (or cheque if requested) – sorry but we cannot pay by cash.
13. Tenants supply their own linen such as sheets (top and bottom), pillow cases, towels and tea towels - Unless otherwise stated on the Application Form, which can be supplied for a cost of $25 per person.
14. Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the owner.
15. Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
16. After the stay all keys must be returned to where they were obtained from at the beginning of the stay or a fee of $50 shall be deducted from the bond. Where key safes are installed in properties keys must not be forced in or the key safe may be damaged. In the event of the key safe being damaged a fee of $150 shall be deducted from the bond. Key safe codes must not be changed. In the event of a code change the key safe and their key contents will become unusable and a fee of $150 shall be deducted from the bond.
17. The person who signed the Application Form is solely responsible for the booking and this person undertakes that they have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. That person becomes solely responsible for the care of the rental property, its contents and its surrounds.
The water bulb, structural, sculptural and cools down room. Excess water is stored in garden water tank.
It was a very groovy house and I was happy to experience it. Loved the area and the property was gorgeous surrounded by the ti-trees.... Info provided was more than enough in great detail of the things to do close by.
Unfortunately we came home a night early as the beds were so hard I became incredibly sore. The bunk beds were not adequate enough for sleeping and my boy could not sleep up top as there was no safety rail and they shook and squeaked. Another bed rolled around so much every time you got in and in one bedroom there is a futon bed which is incredibly hard.
The fridge is located in the laundry and not in the kitchen and the outside table is unstable. The blinds are awkward to wind up and had to removed to do manually every time. Strangely enough there is no microwave! I just feel for the price you pay the experience would have been much better if more comfort is provided. The whole point to escape is too relax and unfortunately we weren't as relaxed as we could have been. A wonderful host so thank you Anna.
My family spent 5 nights at this amazing place in Cape Schanck and we did not want to leave. The house is well set up and had everything that we needed to make our stay relaxing. We particularly enjoyed the open fire in the living area and the beautiful light that comes in ,through the surrounding trees, at different times of the day.
Anna was very helpful and made the whole process simple. We would defiantly stay again.
Interesting design- glass walls gave the feeling being outdoors, part of the bush. Very quiet area and reasonable close the beaches and wineries.
Bedrooms are sparsely furnished with internals walls that very thin.
We an a very enjoyable and relaxing week in Mornington Peninsula!
Beautiful place. We stayed during winter, but were able to snugly watch the weather go by. Beautiful open living space with comfy features, and a very helpful host.
We had a fantastic time staying at the Cape Schanck Architectural House. The house is spectacular, with beautiful interior and exterior design and a beautiful outlook onto sculptural tea tree in the back garden. The kitchen is really well appointed and there were heaps of cleaning products, linen and towels etc available. Anna was a great host, check in and out was easy. We stayed as a couple, but the house work really well for two couples or a family. I would highly recommend staying here!