Welcome ALL good souls- to our Safe, Comfy, Cozy, Peaceful+Casual HOUSE. Stay w Longtime residents/artists in a Venice CA style Bed+BREAKFAST. Very WALKABLE! 10min to; BEACH, VEN PIER, CANALS+Marriott! 15min to ABBOT KINNEY+BOARDWALK action! BIKE; 10min MainSt. SANTA MONICA, 20 to; SMO PIER. BOHO/eclectic digs, 4RMs/2BA for rent. We have 2 cool cats, not allowed in bedrooms. Friendly+happy to host you+help you have an amazing stay. PLZ read "DETAILS" Below for details of staying in the ROBOT RM.
We invite you to check out what has become our most popular rooms-- our robot and animation themed room. Inspired by Joe's career in animation and Lisa's design career. If you love animation and/or robots, you are going to love this room. It has a comfy queen bed. Decoration is modern with a bit of whimsy. Lots of animation books to read and robots to feast your eyes on.It has a queen bed, and a desk and chair. The bathroom is located just outside this room. Depending on occupancy bathroom is shared with zero to 3 others. We do our best to keep our bathrooms sparkling clean. If you are a super light sleeper please choose our "Mona Lisa Smile" room.
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic 5 room, two bath, beach house designed like a New England cottage. We are located on a quiet, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a U-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden (open during breakfast). Our love of travel, art and life in general is expressed in our home’s furnishings and interior decor.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
Guests have access to:
•The Robot Room
•The Front Guest Bathroom
•The Living Room (fireplace, Large flat screen TV)
•The Garden dining area at breakfast time (9-10:30)
•The Kitchen dining area at breakfast time (9-10:30)
In addition to your room, you will have access to a cozy living room with fireplace -- wonderful on cooler nights. The large gourmet kitchen is where you might eat breakfast, or you may choose to eat it on the patio or front lounge. The patio deck is like an outdoor room of its own, very peaceful, with a fountain, lots of plants, flowers and butterflies. Kitchen and garden is open during breakfast hours 9.00 -10:30 AM. If you need an earlier breakfast.we are happy to put a “breakfast to go” in your room the night before. Please let us know the day before you would like it.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy chatting with guests. We also like helping them out with travel plans. But if you do not need or want to chat about travel plans or anything else we will respect that. We expect guests to respect us and our privacy
Other things to note
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room or the front part of the house- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU...
• Extended continental breakfast served from 9-10:30 (kitchen hours)
• Parking in our driveway, for compact cars. This is a BIG plus in this area
• 42" flat screen (in shared living room)
• Filtered water in your room
• A ice chest in room (to keep snacks. We have blue ice for your use)
• Hooks for hanging things
• Shampoo/soaps/sheets/bath towels/wash cloths
• Hair dryer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (open for breakfast-9-10:30)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen (open for breakfast-9-10:30)
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Tons of Travel books and brochures
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay.
Please pay in advance to reserve
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any laundry facilities around here.
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room-- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
• RULE NUMBER ONE-- Have a wonderful stay in Venice Beach!
READ OUR LISTINGS CAREFULLY
• We want you to choose best fit you the best (we have 4 in our home). Guest's who understand listings before booking have the best experiences.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE MANUAL AFTER YOU BOOK
• It will help make your stay easier and more pleasant. We think it contains lots of useful information. There will be a quiz in the morning. Just Joking.
• 9:00-10:30AM (except Garden Cabana guests who can access room, located in courtyard/garden, at anytime:)
PROVIDE A COMPLETE PROFILE
• We prefer guests that provide a clear and current profile pic (for safety) and a little introduction to who they are and why they choose our home
• We love all sorts of animals, but our cats don’t. Plz don’t bring your pets.
• No Smoking inside the house or on the back garden deck please. Smoking is permitted in the front yard only. Please make sure windows and doors to living room are closed at time of smoking, so as not to get smoke inside house
• For your safety and ours we have provided flameless candles.
No flames please.
NO UNINVITED GUESTS PLEASE
• Out of respect to your fellow guests, and our home, Peaceful Paradise is open only to guests who have a reservation with us.
This host has 690 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We love living in Venice. It epitomizes everything we love about life. The ocean, art, access to great restaurants, and scenic walks, and the diverse culture.
We throughly enjoy having guests, and feel that everyone we meet has a way of enriching our lives. Meeting someone new and hearing their story can be just as entertaining and interesting as watching a great movie.
The restaurants in our neighborhood are amazing. We can find just about any type of food we are in the mood for. Some of our favorites are Thai, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese. All within close walking distance.
Most of our regular places to visit are not very far away. We appreciate a sunset walk to the Venice Pier, a bike ride to the Santa Monica Pier, a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains or in Joshua Tree National Park, staying at BnB's in Ventura and Santa Barbara, and camping at Big Sur and the Giant Forest.
There is lots of free fun to be had in and around Venice. Here's a list of the local events that we love to partake in, and often invite a group of our friends to join us; concerts on the Santa Monica Pier, the Abbot Kinney Festival, The Venice Canal Holiday Boat Parade, The Venice Carnival, The Festival of the Chariots, The Marina Boat Parade, The Marina 4th of July Fireworks and Concerts in Burton Chase Park.
How blessed we are to live in Venice. Hope you enjoy your visit as much we do living here.
Wherever you stay we hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to this wonderful place we call home!