About This Listing
If you love animation and/or robots, you are going to love this room. Lots of animation books to read and robots to feast your eyes on. This room has a comfy queen bed, decorated in modern/black + white style--It has a whimsical feeling.
We invite you to check out what has become our most popular rooms-- our robot and animation themed room. Inspired by Joe's career in animation and Lisa's design career. It has a queen bed, and a desk and chair, and an ice chest to keep snacks. The bathroom is located just outside this room. Depending on occupancy bathroom is shared with zero to 3 others. We do our best to keep our bathrooms sparkling clean.
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic 5 room, two bath, beach house designed like a New England cottage. We are located on a quite, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a U-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden (open during breakfast). Our love of travel, art and life in general is expressed in our home’s furnishings and interior decor.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
Guests have access to:
•The Robot Room
•The Front Guest Bathroom
•The Living Room (fireplace, Large flat screen TV)
•The Garden dining area at breakfast time
•The Kitchen dining area at breakfast time
In addition to your room, you will have access to a cozy living room with fireplace -- wonderful on cooler nights. The large gourmet kitchen is where you might eat breakfast, or you may choose to eat it on the patio or front lounge. The patio deck is like an outdoor room of its own, very peaceful, with a fountain, lots of plants, flowers and butterflies. Kitchen and garden is open during breakfast hours 9.00 -10:30 AM. If you need an earlier breakfast.we are happy to put a “breakfast to go” in your room the night before. Please let us know the day before you would like it.
Interaction with Guests
We enjoy chatting with guests. We also like helping them out with travel plans. But if you do not need or want to chat about travel plans or anything else we will respect that. We expect guests to respect us and our privacy
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! Our neighborhood is the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemian and fun part of LA.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are less than two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney, is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the beach, 10 minutes walk (0.4 mile)
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals (0.2 mile)
• 15 minutes to the heart of the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk (.08 mile)
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, watersports and restaurants
• 12 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture, antique shops and jewelry shops--restaurants, bars and coffee houses) (0.6 mile)
• 10 minute walk to the Friday Venice Farmers Market.
• 28 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Venice/Santa Monica, shopping and dining.
• 2 minutes walk to bus stop @ Washington and Via Marina
• 15 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 15 minutes to a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains
• 20 minutes to Malibu
• 20 minutes to Getty Museum
• 20 minutes to Mulholland Drive
• Uber and Lyft are a popular way of getting around LA
•The Culver bus stop 3 minutes away on Washington Street.
•The Santa Monica Blue Bus stop is about 1/2 miles away.
Other Things to Note
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room or the front part of the house- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU...
• Extended continental breakfast
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area, where parking can be impossible on a nice sunny day. (We have a lot of sunshine)!
• 42" flat screen (in shared living room)
• Soft high thread count sheets and pillowcases
• Filtered water in your room
• Ask for an Ice bucket. We may have enough ice in stock--or you can get ice at the local Alan's market-- 5 min walk.
• An ice chest/box in room (to use to store food, we have blue ice for
• Hooks for hanging things
• Shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Bathtub and shower
• Hair dryer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen (for breakfast)
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Tons of Travel books and brochures
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay.
Please pay in advance to reserve
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• Drop off at LAX, depending on schedule at a discount.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any of the local laundry facilities here.
• RULE NUMBER ONE--
Have a wonderful stay in Venice Beach!
READ OUR LISTINGS CAREFULLY
• If you read our listings carefully before you book, you are likely to have a great stay. We want you to choose the room that fits you the best (we have 4 in our home). Guest's who understand the listing have the most wonderful experiences.
PLEASE READ HOUSE MANUAL
• If you read the manual after you book, It will help make your stay easier and more pleasant. We think it contains lots of useful information. There will be a quiz in the morning. Just Joking. :)
• 9:00-10:30AM (except Garden Cabana guests)
• We love all sorts of animals, but our cats don’t.
Please don’t bring your pets.
• No Smoking inside the house or on the back garden deck please. Smoking is permitted in the front yard only. Please make sure windows and doors to living room are closed at time of smoking, so as not to get smoke inside house
• For your safety and ours we have provided flameless candles.
No flames please.
NO UNINVITED GUESTS PLEASE
• Out of respect to your fellow guests, and our home, Peaceful Paradise is open only to guests who have a reservation with us.
Quel séjour incroyable! Nous ne l'oublierons pas. Lisa et Joe ont été des hôtes parfaits. Ils nous ont indiqué ce que nous pouvions visiter, ou aller manger. Le petit déjeuner était parfait! Et ce fut un crève-cœur de les quitter! Merci encore pour tout !
Dear Emilie! Thanks for your kind review! Translation for our future guests; "What an incredible experience! We will not forget . Lisa and Joe were the perfect hosts. They told us we could visit or eat . Breakfast was perfect! And it was a heart-breaking to leave ! Thank you again for everything !" We are pleased that you chose our Peaceful Paradise for the special occasion of your honeymoon! We wish you a beautiful life together, full of many more great adventures! Warmly, Lisa+Joe
Fantastic hosts and house. Very homely and great location. Close to Venice beach, restaurants and shopping.
Lisa and Joe are friendly and kind host. Especially great breakfast gives us homelike feeling. House is closed to Venice Beach and Canal and Robot room is full of amusements. It was excellent experience to stay and we are happy to meet great host. I am sorry for no more time. I really want to stay again if I have a another chance to visit LA. Thank you and I miss Gandalf~
This venue was conveniently located near Marina Del RE and Venice Beach areas. Joe and Lisa, our hosts are a welcoming couple. The venue was clean and comfortable. Walking to the historic Venice Canals was convenient and right around the corner. We did a lot of walking there.
My friend and I stayed in the robot room for two nights during our visit to LA. The room is perfect for beach lovers and whoever that has a young heart. Lisa and Joe were very kind to give us traveling tips in LA and around. Lisa checked with us our schedule to make sure our breakfasts were ready by time. It was really a nice experience as a first time user. One thing to note is that the kitchen area is not open during non-breakfast hours.
Hello Iris! Thanks for your kind words. Glad it was a really nice first Airbnb experience for you! In case you may need access to a kitchen during future Airbnb stays sweetoe: After you put in your location and dates. You should see filters on left side of page. Under Amenities click/check Kitchen and then you will only get places that have kitchens available for guests use. :) Hope this helps you and maybe others reading this as well :). Warmly, Lisa+Joe
We had a lovely two night stay at Lisa and Joe's. They're such a sweet and friendly couple. We have stayed in the robot room which was pretty cute and comfortable. The place overall was quite peaceful. We loved the breakfast, especially the delicious pancakes of Lisa! The cats are adorable and very friendly, we enjoyed playing with them. The location is very close to the beach or Venice canals and has lots of attractions within walking distance. Overall, we had an excellent first bnb experience here!
This host has 372 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lisa + Joe
We love living in Venice. It epitomizes everything we love about life. The ocean, art, access to great restaurants, and scenic walks, and the diverse culture.
We throughly enjoy having guests, and feel that everyone we meet has a way of enriching our lives. Meeting someone new and hearing their story can be just as entertaining and interesting as watching a great movie.
The restaurants in our neighborhood are amazing. We can find just about any type of food we are in the mood for. Some of our favorites are Thai, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese. All within close walking distance.
Most of our regular places to visit are not very far away. We appreciate a sunset walk to the Venice Pier, a bike ride to the Santa Monica Pier, a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains or in Joshua Tree National Park, staying at BnB's in Ventura and Santa Barbara, and camping at Big Sur and the Giant Forest.
There is lots of free fun to be had in and around Venice. Here's a list of the local events that we love to partake in, and often invite a group of our friends to join us; concerts on the Santa Monica Pier, the Abbot Kinney Festival, The Venice Canal Holiday Boat Parade, The Venice Carnival, The Festival of the Chariots, The Marina Boat Parade, The Marina 4th of July Fireworks and Concerts in Burton Chase Park.
How blessed we are to live in Venice. Hope you enjoy your visit as much we do living here.
Wherever you stay we hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to this wonderful place we call home!