We are avid travelers, and we love to stay in B & Bs. We will strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible, based on our own experience. We have had many extremely satisfied guests/friends from around the globe and they have inspired us to share our home on Airbnb.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! We are in the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemien and fun part of LA.
ABOUT OUR GUEST SPACE
The Robot Room
This room is a bedroom is located in the front house and has a very comfortable queen size bed. The decor is Robot and Animation Themed. Note that the bathroom, located across from this room may be shared with one or two guests-- if our Room #!, ("The Travelers Room") is occupied.
You will have access to a cozy living room with fireplace -- wonderful on cooler nights. A large gourmet kitchen is where you might eat breakfast, or you may choose to eat on the patio under the pergola. The patio deck is like an outdoor room of its own, very peaceful, with 2 fountains, lots of plants, flowers and butterflies. We also have a bench in our lush front garden for relaxing and watching passers by.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the beach, 10 minutes walk
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals
• Around 12 minutes to the heart of the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, water sports and restaurants
• 15 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture, antique shops and jewelry shops--restaurants, bars and coffee houses)
• 10 minute walk to the Friday Venice Farmers Market.
• 20 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Santa Monica.
• 2 minutes walk to bus stop
• 15 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 15 minutes to a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains
• 20 minutes to Malibu
• 20 minutes to Getty Museum
• 20 minutes to Mulholland Drive
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
Our guest space is in the front part of our home. Very much separate from where we sleep
• Private bedroom • Private entry • Living room
• Extended continental breakfast buffet
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area, where parking can be impossible on a nice sunny day. (We have a lot of sunshine)!
• 42" flat screen
• Soft high thread count sheets and pillow cases
• FIltered water in your room
• Ice bucket. Ask us about our ice stock--or you can get ice at the local market-- 5 min walk.
• Small cooler in room (to take to beach or use to store food, we have blue ice for your use)
• Drawers and hangers
• Shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Bathtub and shower
• Hair dyer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Tuns of Travel books and brochures
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay. It is helpful, but not necessary to let us know in advance, if you would like to take advantage of any of the offerings below...
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• Drop off at LAX for half of what a taxi costs.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any laundry facilities around here.
• Spa bath tub with massaging jets, organic herbal bubble bath and relaxing music in our beautiful master bathroom--ask about the hourly rate.-a glass of wine and appetizers can be added on. :)
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic beach house designed like a New England cottage and located on a quite, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a u-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden. Our love of travel, art and life
in general is expressed in our homes furnishings and interior decor.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
A BIT MORE ABOUT US
Joe is an animation director and producer and Lisa is a graphic designer. We mostly work at home. We are here to be not only as your host and hostess, but your guides. We have lived in Venice Beach and L.A.’s West-side for more then 30 years so if you need suggestions for the many restaurants, galleries, gardens and hikes within walking distance of our home, we can offer a wealth of information to help you plan your visit. If you prefer to be left alone, and to plan your own trip, that is fine too!
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room-- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$609 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2160 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Lisa and Joe were excellent hosts and really made our stay in Venice beach a great one. My fiancee and I stayed in the Robot room which was quirky and very comfortable. We were able to park in their driveway which was very convenient and they are just a few blocks walking distance to the gorgeous venice canals and to the famous boardwalk. We went for a run both mornings we stayed there after waking up to delicious coffee, fresh fruits and homemade muffins! I definitely recommend staying here!
Staying at Lisa's and Joe's house was I think the best accommodation I could choose. They were very nice, open minded and helpful people. I really enjoyed spending time at their beautiful house. My room, the spacey robot-room had a very comfortable bed. They also serve very good breakfast. I would definitely come back and recommend this airbnb to my friends and family.
Our stay with Lisa and Joe was a great experience!
We never shared a house with people before neither with their animals . We had a wonderful time .Lisa and Joe are wonderful host . Generous,sensitive to others,I really did appreciated every efforts made from them .
The house is very well located to everything you must see in Venice and absolutely charming.
I will recommend them again again!!
But most of all, I hope that Lisa and Joe will become our friend for long, since we decided to move to LA :)))
Lisa and Joe are wonderful people, Venetians at heart. This space is very "homey" - meaning it's eclectic and personal. Some spaces have been made to feel like hotels - more sparse, minimal (which is also nice). This one has the feel of the owners in everything with a lot of whimsey and fun. Great if you may want to connect with others traveling to Venice as there are multiple guest rooms. I didn't participate in breakfast as I had work meetings but they are very accommodating and kind people. Very convenient to beach, Lincoln BLVD, Abbot Kinney....recommended!
Thank you Joe and Lisa for a wonderful Stay in Venice Beach! The room was really nice and we enjoyed our time at your place. I liked the Breakfast at your Patio.- Was a great stay and definitely we would come back. Both were very helpful when we had any questions.
Staying at this charming home in Venice was like being a houseguest of friends. And Lisa and Joe were the perfect hosts. Everything they did was aimed at making me comfortable and feeling welcome. When I left I made a promise to myself to return in the future. Kudos to Lisa and Joe and to airbnb.
Everything was great, good location, really nice people and.... amazing panckakes.
Thanks for everything, we really enjoyed our time there ;)
I really enjoyed my stay with Joe & Lisa in Venice Beach, CA. They were very accommodating and are well-acquainted with the area. I couldn't have asked for a better host. And, I certainly could not have asked for a better location, a quiet neighborhood just a few short blocks from the beach and plenty of shopping, eateries and watering holes along the way to choose from. I hope to stake this real estate on my next visit!
What a fantastic welcome to la and to Venice beach. Joe and Lisa are just down to earth great people. Loved my chats with joe and the hospitality of lisa. Two of the best people in LA. You are spoilt to stay here. I will be back. 11 out of 10
We had a wonderful stay with Joe and Lisa in Venice. They were very welcoming and full of information and tips.
Lisa made a yummy breakfast each morning.
The robot room was awesome. The bed was so comfy! Even more comfy than our stay at Caesars in Vegas.
When our stay came to an end Joe even gave us a lift to the airport for much less than a taxi.
Thanks Lisa and Joe!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.