About This Listing
If you love animation and/or robots, you are going to love this room. Lots of animation books to read and robots to feast your eyes on. This room has a comfy queen bed, decorated in modern/black + white style--It has a whimsical feeling.
We invite you to check out what has become our most popular rooms-- our robot and animation themed room. Inspired by Joe's career in animation and Lisa's design career. It has a queen bed, and a desk and chair, and an ice chest to keep snacks. The bathroom is located just outside this room. Depending on occupancy bathroom is shared with zero to 3 others. We do our best to keep our bathrooms sparkling clean.
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic beach house designed like a New England cottage and located on a quite, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a 2 bath, 5 room, u-shaped 1900 square foot villa. Front and back homes connected by a hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden. Our love of travel, art and life in general is expressed in our interior design.
WE WANT TO SHARE
We love to travel and when we do, we love to stay in B & Bs. We will strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible, based on our own experience. We have had many extremely satisfied guests/friends from around the globe and they have inspired us to share our rooms with other travelers.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
Guests have access to:
•The Robot Room
•The Front Guest Bathroom
•The Living Room (fireplace, Large flat screen TV)
•The Garden dining area at breakfast time
•The Kitchen dining area at breakfast time
Interaction with Guests
We enjoy chatting with guests. We also like helping them out with travel plans. But if you do not need or want to chat about travel plans or anything else we will respect that. We expect guests to respect us and our privacy as well.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! We are in the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemian and fun part of LA.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the beach, 10 minutes walk (0.4 mile)
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals (0.2 mile)
• Around 15 minutes to the heart of the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk (.08 mile)
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, water sports and restaurants
• 12 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture, antique shops and jewelry shops--restaurants, bars and coffee houses) (0.6 mile)
• 10 minute walk to the Friday Venice Farmers Market.
• 28 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Venice/Santa Monica, shopping and dining.
• 2 minutes walk to bus stop @ Washington and Via Marina
• 15 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 15 minutes to a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains
• 20 minutes to Malibu
• 20 minutes to Getty Museum
• 20 minutes to Mulholland Drive
•The Culver bus stop 3 minutes away on Washington Street.
•The Santa Monica Blue Bus stop is about 1/2 miles away.
Other Things to Note
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room-- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU...
• Extended continental breakfast
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area, where parking can be impossible on a nice sunny day. (We have a lot of sunshine)!
• 42" flat screen (in shared living room)
• Soft high thread count sheets and pillow cases
• Filtered water in your room
• Ask for an Ice bucket. We may have enough ice in stock--or you can get ice at the local market-- 5 min walk.
• A cooler in room (to use to store food, we have blue ice for your use)
• Hooks for hanging things
• Shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Bathtub and shower
• Hair dyer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen (for breakfast)
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD’s to enjoy while staying
• Tuns of Travel books and brochures
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay.
Please pay in advance to reserve
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• Drop off at LAX, depending on scheduale at a discount.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any laundry facilities around here.
• RULE NUMBER ONE--
Have a wonderful stay in Venice Beach!
• We love all sorts of animals, but our cats don't. Please don't bring your pets
• No Smoking inside the house or on the back garden deck please. Smoking is permitted in the front yard only.
•PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO READ THE HOUSE MANUAL before arrival. It will help make your stay easier and more pleasant. We think it contains lots of useful information. There will be a quiz in the morning. Just Joking. :)
We had a lovely stay at Lisa and Joe's, whose house is a 5-minute walk from the beach and very close to the Venice Canals. They are very committed and helpful hosts, and Lisa even made us a delicious breakfast on both days, which we enjoyed in their garden. We had great conversations with our hosts as well as the other guests, and were able to get to everywhere we needed by Uber or bus. (A commuter bus from downtown stops a few minutes away.) Highly recommended!
Thanks Joe and Lisa for an awesome couple of days in Venice. The robot room is super nice and comfortable and property is in a great location.
We had a lovely two night stay and as our first airbnb experience we really couldn't ask for anything more. Comfy bed, super breakfast, perfect location and warm welcoming hosts. Lisa & Joe gave great recommendations of places to visit nearby which worked out perfectly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again :-)
Joe showed us the house and explained how everything works. It feels homely right away. We met Lisa later. Both are good hosts, and Lisa's pancakes are jummy! The house is near to everything, beach, canals, Abbott Kinney Blvd, the marina and more. It is a quiet refuge in the midst of lively and entertaining surroundings. Why we felt at home? Because Joe has a passion for animation, and the house breathes this passion (even though the rooms have several different themes), and when you talk Joe about his passion you see his eyes sparkle and he is almost on the brink of starting a new project. If you share this talent, join him. You won't regret.
We were very well received by Lisa and Joe.
They are living in a greatfull area and gave us good advices. Many things can be done by walking from their house (beach, dinners, bar).
Breakfast was delicious and was enjoyed in a wonderfull patio.
It was a great stay and I will definitely recommend this adress to any of my friends visiting LA !
The Robot Room rocks!
Lisa and Joe, consistently fabulous hosts (2nd visit).
Great location, fab house. Job very well (website hidden): Thanks you for my gorgeous Bday pressie.
Kristy and I very much enjoyed our stay at Peaceful Paradise in Venice Beach. The Robot Room is as advertised. A virtual playground for any fan of anime and animation. From the art on the walls to the toys on the shelves to the library it's an animation paradise. Joe and Lisa were tremendous hosts right down to having breakfast waiting for us when we got off the plane, which was a nice touch and certainly not expected.
The real treasure to staying here though is their knowledge of Venice beach and the surrounding areas. Every day at breakfast we were asked what we were doing for the day and given a map with highlighted spots to check out. Listen to their recommendations people! The couple times we didn't we paid!
To me this is the experience I have always wanted to get from an Air BnB stay and I will recommend that anyone staying in LA stay with them. The hosts are friendly and informative, the breakfast is delicious, and the location is so convenient to the boardwalk, the Abbott Kinney neighborhood and Santa Monica. Also it's a 15 minute ride from LAX if all you want to do is get off the plane and take a nap. Look no further, this is where you want to be.
This host has 348 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lisa + Joe
We love living in Venice. It epitomizes everything we love about life. The ocean, art, access to great restaurants, and scenic walks, and the diverse culture.
We throughly enjoy having guests, and feel that everyone we meet has a way of enriching our lives. Meeting someone new and hearing their story can be just as entertaining and interesting as watching a great movie.
The restaurants in our neighborhood are amazing. We can find just about any type of food we are in the mood for. Some of our favorites are Thai, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese. All within close walking distance.
Most of our regular places to visit are not very far away. We appreciate a sunset walk to the Venice Pier, a bike ride to the Santa Monica Pier, a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains or in Joshua Tree National Park, staying at BnB's in Ventura and Santa Barbara, and camping at Big Sur and the Giant Forest.
There is lots of free fun to be had in and around Venice. Here's a list of the local events that we love to partake in, and often invite a group of our friends to join us; concerts on the Santa Monica Pier, the Abbot Kinney Festival, The Venice Canal Holiday Boat Parade, The Venice Carnival, The Festival of the Chariots, The Marina Boat Parade, The Marina 4th of July Fireworks and Concerts in Burton Chase Park.
How blessed we are to live in Venice. Hope you enjoy your visit as much we do living here.
Wherever you stay we hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to this wonderful place we call home!