I apologize for the inconvience however after speaking with the gas company it was reported "user error". I was there the day of your arrival and there was no smell of gas. The day you came there was no smell of gas. There were guests there the week before with no issues. It wasn't until you were there and you or one of your guests tried to light the fireplaces incorrectly, and then left with the gas on, that you came back to gas in the house. I have rented this property for four years and have not once had an issue with the fireplaces. The "several other issues" was a blocked vent that has been cleared and a water heater connector valve that wasnt up to code. Which has been replaced with the standard 5in valve. I didn't make a fuss about.... Nor leave a negative comment about the fact that you were not out of the house at check out time; even though the gas issue you experienced was due to your own user error.