About this listing
A beautiful home in cool North Bandung with 2 gardens and a swimming pool. The accommodation is on the 2nd floor. There are two bedrooms available at the moment, one with a king sized bed/AC/panoramic view of Bandung the other with a queen sized bed/fan/facing the front yard and street. Each room has an individual listing and needs to be booked separately on AIRBnB (Come stay with us in North Bandung1 and Come stay with us in North Bandung2). The price advertised is for one room. The additional fee for more than 2 guests per room does not apply to young children.There is one shared bathroom hot and cold shower/bath.
You can use the swimming pool, kitchen and sitting room with cable TV, movies and a large selection of books. If you have children, you may also use the children's play room that is well equipped with many toys (mostly for boys). Myself and my 4-year-old son or one of the full-time maids will be here to welcome you on your arrival.
Bed linen, towels and breakfast provided.
Free wireless Internet available throughout house.
Guests have access to unlimited high speed Internet, one of the fastest speeds in Bandung.
If you would like your clothes washed, we can do this for you for an extra fee of IDR25,000 per load.
Location and Activities
- Bandung is a tourist city in the mountains of West Java, Indonesia
- Because of its altitude, Bandung has a moderately cool (website hidden) is not necessary.
- Bandung is famous for its factory outlets, Dutch style architecture, volcano, hot springs, and outdoor activities. From the house, you can cycle through the villages and rice paddies all the way up to the top of the mountain.
- Bandung's restaurants are famous in Indonesia, many of which are outdoors in natural settings with waterfalls and grass huts.
- Live music in many of the lively bars
- The house is a 5 min. walk from the minibus routes that can take you around the city. Taxis are also easy and cheap to use. Parking is available for one car in the garage.
The guests are free to use the WiFi, swimming pool, gardens and terraces, TV, huge upstairs landing.
Interaction with Guests
Depending on our schedules, we can either interact a lot with guests or very little. It depends on what the guests want; however, my son is very curious and friendly with guests.
There are direct minibuses to PVJ and the centre of the city. For other locations, taxis are easier and cheap. A taxi ride to the city centre costs only around IDR40,000 ($3).
Other Things to Note
We started off as guests but after staying with lovely people in Jakarta, decided to try hosting ourselves. We have met some wonderful people over the years both as guests and hosts, some of whom have become good friends, most of whom have brought something memorable surprises into our lives.
- No smoking inside the house. If you wish to smoke, you may do so outside and on one of the 4 terraces.
- Small children are very welcome, however, please be careful around the pool and stairs. Both are gated for extra security.
- As I have a very curious small boy, please be careful what you leave laying around.