About this listing
Welcome to our home!A 3 min walk to Bay St. Station, you'll be in New York City in ~30 min. Our flat is located walking distance of most destinations Montclair has to offer. Look forward to meeting you, and being a part of your travels! Cheers!
Come stay in our eclectic, renovated flat! Built in 1922, this unit in the historic district of Montclair has a blend of the old world as well as modern design accents. Montclair is where the city meets the suburbs.
What we offer our guests is:
* Cozy room with a full sized bed
* Renovated Bathroom, shower/tub
(water filtered shower)
* Fiber Optic wireless internet
* Large eat-in, stainless steel kitchen
* Private back porch with lots of plants
Our guests have access to the Cozy Bedroom, as well as our spacious kitchen, and back porch. Our lovely porch, overlooking our back yard edible garden, is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine on a summer evening!
Guests are more than welcome to use the back patio as well. These spaces are here for your enjoyment and relaxation!
Private hallway entrance to the guest bedroom.
-Full Bath, Shower, and Big Tub,
-FIOS Internet Wi-Fi
-Big, beautiful Kitchen
-Great back porch with lots of plants and fountain
Interaction with Guests
We are very outgoing, friendly, and love good conversation! We want you to feel welcome in our home.
We also respect guest privacy and space.
Our schedules vary often, but we very much enjoy interacting with guests.
We are excited to meet you and hear your interesting stories from around the world!
Our neighborhood is an easy 10 minute walk to the center of Montclair.
Montclair is a thriving urban center with a bright social network, close-knit community, and forward-moving civic life.
It has an easy commute to the city. There are plenty of great things to do in town. Montclair is the restaurant capital of New Jersey, with cuisines from all around the world.
* We have mountain BIKES for our guests (If you would like to use them, please let us know upon booking)
* Easy 10 minute walk to a large park with big field, massive trees, outdoor exercise gym, hiking and mountain biking trails.
Other things within a 10 minute walk:
*Indoor Ice Skating
*Movie Theater/Music Venue
Just a few of the great things to do in town!
* 5 minute walk to NYC Decamp bus that will take you to Port Authority (in about 30 minutes)
* 3 minute walk to commuter train. Each will deliver you to the heart of the city (Theatre District @ Times Square) within 25-40 min., depending on time of day! We can accommodate for your car (if we make arrangements a head of time)
Other Things to Note
* We are always upgrading and improving the design of our home. The photos you see are very similar to what the flat looks like. We post new photos often, as improvements are made.
* Our monthly rate includes a weekly cleaning fee
* Unlike in NY City, Montclair law ALLOWS for short term rental.
* Please don't book with American Express
* We turn Wi-Fi off when we're sleeping (11 p.m.- 7 a.m.)
* We remove our shoes while we are home, and ask that guests do the same.
* We ask our guests to clean up after themselves, and leave things the way they found them. This is a home that we enjoy sharing (but we don't have a maid service)
* We recycle (Glass metal plastic paper) and ask that our guests will do the same
* We compost (organic materials fruits vegetables) (no meat) and hope that our guests will do the same
* Only the guests that are included with a profile at the time of the booking are welcomed
* If you would like to use the kitchen, we ask that you let us know at the time of booking. Use of the kitchen is $5.00 per day.
* In the event the keys are lost, it would need to be deducted from the deposit ( $150 For locksmith to rekey the locks )
* Much as we love fuzzy creatures, we prefer they remain outside. No pets.
* Smoking is permitted outdoors on the back porch or patio