Leave the Laptop at Home; Airbnb Puts Hosting in the Palm of Your Hand
Reimagined mobile apps push iOS and Android to the limit with new, innovative tools
San Francisco, CALIF. – November 12, 2013 – Airbnb, the world’s leading community-driven hospitality company, today launched new apps to make hosting easier for their 350,000 hosts across the globe. The apps, available on both iOS and Android, come with a set of new tools to make hosting an entirely mobile experience, allowing hosts to completely cut the cord. From accepting bookings to updating calendars, hosts can now do everything they need from the palm of their hands.
“Hosts define the Airbnb experience, but they are busy people who are always on the go,” said Brian Chesky, co-founder and CEO of Airbnb. “Our goal is to make hosting as easy as possible through incredible mobile experiences, world-class hospitality initiatives, and new ways for hosts to connect directly with each other.”
Reimagined Mobile Experiences:
· Host Home – Host Home is the smartest way to host. It’s a beautifully designed dashboard that allows hosts to respond to incoming messages, accept bookings, manage upcoming guests, update their calendar, and request photography in an efficient and friction-free way.
· Immersive Design - Both the Android and iOS apps have been reimagined and are pushing the visual limits of both platforms. The apps are simple to use and filled with dynamic interactions that make the apps spring to life with the swipe of a finger.
· Hello Hospitality – To underscore Airbnb’s commitment to hospitality and meaningful experiences, Airbnb is launching new Hospitality Standards that will be integrated into the mobile experience and will be easily accessible to help guide hosts through each phase of an upcoming trip.
· Host Groups – Host Groups is a new product to connect Airbnb’s community of hosts. The platform allows hosts to create groups in their neighborhoods, cities, or around the world to share best practices and learn from one another.
· Inspired Travel – The cornerstone of the new mobile experience for travelers is the Discover feed, which showcases Airbnb’s most inspiring, amazing properties—from treehouses to tipis to houses where Jim Morrison lived. The new app also simplifies the booking process so a trip to these spaces is just a few taps away.
Hospitality is at the heart of Airbnb. By welcoming travelers into their homes and building cultural bridges across the world, Airbnb’s 350,000 hosts are redefining the hospitality experience. With over 1,000 new hosts signing up every day, Airbnb is launching new hospitality standards to help make each experience as memorable as possible.
Working with hosts, Airbnb pinpointed key moments that define a great guest experience, and developed nine fundamental hospitality standards. These standards will help hosts meet guests’ expectations – whether they are staying in an igloo, treehouse or villa. The standards are divided into three parts of a guest’s journey.
Booking: The first three standards build a foundation of trust between hosts and guests, by ensuring that a host’s listing is accurately presented, communication is easy and prompt, and their availability is up-to-date.
Preparation: The next three standards inspire hosts on how to create a great first impression of hospitality by honoring the commitment of their reservations, and providing a pristine and welcoming space as well as basic amenities for their guests.
Arrival: The last three standards guide hosts’ interactions with their guests. A host’s warm welcome, support throughout the trip, and an honest review are all crucial to providing a memorable Airbnb experience.
Collectively Airbnb’s hosts have an enormous amount of knowledge and experience, but before today it was challenging for them to share their expertise with each other. From advice on how to make guests feel special to helping each other with check-ins, Host Groups is a new platform for hosts to build communities in their cities, neighborhoods, or even globally. When a host joins a group they can communicate easily with their fellow hosts as well as organize meet-ups to get to know their host neighbors.
Airbnb launched a beta version of Host Groups in June to key markets and since then over 300 groups have been created and over 10,000 hosts have already been participating. With today’s launch, Host Groups will be available worldwide to every host through both the web and mobile experiences.
Airbnb is the world's largest and most trusted community-driven hospitality company. Hosts on Airbnb rent out their spare space—from apartments to treehouses, castles, and villas—in more than 34,000 cities globally. Travelers browse unique spaces that suit their taste and budget, then book them securely online or via mobile phone. With round-the-clock customer service, world-class communication and trust tools, and a $1,000,000 Host Guarantee, Airbnb facilitates millions of amazing travel experiences, one trip at a time.