6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3.5 baths
Please note that a cat named Duchess, which enters the property freely; and two chickens, Hendrik and Hendriena, live on-site and are taken care of by the property caretaker.
This whimsical estate is nestled into one of Cape Town’s most coveted suburbs, Tamboerskloof. Its vine-covered, stucco façade is framed by a fringe of rustling trees. Soaring arched windows look out onto the lush garden and skyscraping mountains. The cosmopolitan heart of the city beats strong with oceanfront cocktail bars, elevated gastronomy, and unique shops just a short drive away.
The eclectic interior is rich with stately, sumptuous décor, dripping chandeliers, and plump furniture. An array of original, conversation-starting art hangs from the walls. Intricately woven rugs rest atop polished hardwood floors, leading from classic checkered tiling in the kitchen and breakfast room. In the morning, sip your freshly brewed coffee while strolling along the winding paths that lead past flawless lawn, hedges, and blooming botanicals in the front garden. The eccentrically-decorated study provides a quiet space to answer emails or catch up on the daily news while listening to the crackling of the wood-burning fireplace. An alfresco table sits beneath a shady pergola, overgrown with wild shrubbery.
The dramatic Lion’s Head peak, approximately a 90-minute hike to the summit, offers incredible 360-degree views of the urban landscape as well as out to sea—it’s one vista you won’t soon forget. Camps Bay Beach, which is a mere 15 minute drive away, features a lively ambiance with trendy cafés, a vibrant nightlife, and of course, golden shores that melt into tranquil, crystal-clear waters. At the end of an adventurous day, return to the quintessential abode to lounge on the rooftop terrace.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Decorative fireplace, Air conditioning, Heating, Private balcony, View of Table Mountain
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Access to hallway bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Private terrace, Garden view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone bathtub, Decorative fireplace, Air conditioning, Private terrace, Outdoor furniture, View of Lion’s Head
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table
- Nespresso machine
- Formal dining area with seating for 14
- Breakfast room with seating for 8
- Formal lounge
- Satellite television
- 3 Wood-burning fireplaces
- Iron/Ironing board
- Alarm system
- Plunge pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Charcoal barbecue
- Outdoor living space
- Garage - 2 spaces
- Security cameras - garden, property perimeter
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeper - lives on-site
- Houseman - lives on-site
- Housekeeping - Monday to Saturday
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 5 minute drive to Lion's Head
- 5 minute drive to Cape Town City Center
- 9 minute drive to V & A Waterfront
- 9 minute drive to Twelve Apostles
- 10 minute drive to Table Mountain
- 8 minute drive to Clifton 4th Beach
- 8 minute drive to Camps Bay Beach
- 14 km to Llandudno Beach
- 20 km to Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 6 more
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
21 min drive
9 min drive
Camps Bay Beach
9 min drive
20 min drive
Points of Interest
6 min drive
Cape Town City Centre
7 min drive
10 min drive
V & A Waterfront
11 min drive
11 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.