18 guests · 7 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
The Tuscan sun spills across the hills to turn stone walls and open-air sculpture to gold at this diamond-in-the-rough villa in Magliano. Its rustic, hewn-from-the-earth stone and brick walls and exposed wooden beams contrast with contemporary art in its polished rooms. There are 80 hectares of vineyards and woods to explore, and the coast of Tuscany is only 20 minutes away.
See the vines and olive groves on foot, then circle back to the house for a swim in the infinity pool, a nap on a sun lounger, or a glass of wine at the alfresco dining area for 20. Retreat to the spa and hot tub for a moment alone or to the pool table for a game with the group. A partial staff will make sure your stay is comfortable.
Built on the ruins of a former monastery and restored with locally sourced materials, the villa is a snapshot of centuries of history—and encompasses past and present. An ancient stone hearth in the living room is balanced by a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, and arched brick ceilings stretch over a dining area and fully equipped kitchen. The 7 bedrooms are spread out among towers, a granary, and restored stables, so each feels like a private retreat.
Horse sculptures around the property are a reminder of when cattle were driven on horseback across the landscape. See if you can spot wild horses on nearby beaches, dine by the water in Punta Ala, and walk beneath 1,000-year-old walls in Magliano.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
The Mastio Tower
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & tub, Dual vanity, Fireplace, Direct access to rooftop terrace
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Dual vanity, Direct access to rooftop terrace
Torre del Mare
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & tub, Dual vanity, Direct access to rooftop terrace
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & tub, Lounge area, Fireplace, Access to rooftop terrace
The Old Stables
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Shared access to bathroom with bedroom 6, Stand-alone shower & tub, Fireplace
- Bedroom 6 : 2 single size beds, Shared access to bathroom with bedroom 6, Stand-alone shower & tub
- Bedroom 7: 3 King size beds, Ensuite bathroom with 2 stand-alone showers, Dual vanity, Fireplace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Nespresso machine
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Air conditioning
- Projector & screen
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Heated floors
- Iron/Ironing board
- Hot tub - heating included
- Billiards table
- Infinity swimming pool - heating included
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 20
- Sun loungers
- Horse stables
- Chicken coop
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor living space
- Driveway parking - 5 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
- Cook service - Continental breakfast & 1 meal per day (food & beverage at extra cost)
- Housekeeping - 8 hours per day
- Pool maintenance
- Porter service
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 33 km to Grosseto
- 107 km to Siena
- 160 km to Perugia
- 171 km km to Arezzo
- 173 km to Rome
- 179 km to Florence
- 191 km to Pisa
- 156 km to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
- 182 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
2 single beds, Wifi
3 king beds, Wifi
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 2 more
139 min drive
Points of Interest
88 min drive
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
104 min drive
133 min drive
134 min drive
140 min drive
142 min drive
152 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.