8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Colonial charm meets contemporary chic at this farmhouse-inspired retreat nestled into the Afromontane Forest on South Africa’s Kwandwe Private Game Reserve. This fully staffed villa pairs classic details like wood floors and a stone fireplace with a modern open-plan layout and central pool courtyard. It’s all a daily scheduled flight or 105-minute drive from Port Elizabeth.
As the largest private reserve in South Africa, Kwandwe is teeming with the Big 5, and offers guests plenty of opportunities to spot them. Set off on an open-vehicle safari through 22,000 malaria-free hectares, take a guided walking safari, spark kids interest on a children’s safari, and try your luck fishing on Galpin Dam.
There are day and night drives, so you’ll see a range of wildlife, and you can ask a photography or birdwatching expert to accompany if you’re keen to get great shots or catch one of the 315 bird species found on the reserve. And there are meals to go with the drives. Watch first light spread over the landscape on a bush breakfast and see the stars come out over sunset drinks and alfresco dinners.
Tailor a stay to your family by adding experiences like a rhino monitoring drive or a rhino conservation safari, where you can help dart and notch rhinos under the guidance of Kwandwe’s experts. Learn to braai like the locals on a campfire cooking class with one of the reserve chefs and finish a day of trekking with the indulgence of an in-villa massage.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining room with seating for 8
- Ice maker
- Wine fridge
- Mini bar
- Air conditioning
- 2 Fireplaces
- Satellite television
- Child friendly
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Sheltered courtyard
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Fenced property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef (all meals included)
- South African premium & sparkling wines, local & premium spirits, beers & soft drinks
- Childminding service
- Safari driver/vehicle for morning & afternoon game drives
- Round trip airport transfer from Kwandwe private airstrip
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Spa treatment
- Winter Wilderness Walking
- Save The Rhino Drive
- Rhino Conservation Safari
- Campfire cooking
- Specialist safari
- Airport transfer from Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
- Located within Kwandwe Private Game Reserve
- 28.7 km to Makhanda Aerodrome (Kwandwe private airstrip)
- 160 km to Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
31 min drive
Port Elizabeth International Airport
92 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.