Classic Jamaican villa with private waterfront
18 guests · 9 bedrooms · 9.5 baths
What was once the finest lookout in Jamaica can be the view from your veranda at Fortlands Point on Discovery Bay. Though it’s named for the military installation that once sat nearby, this luxury vacation rental now only has strategic value when it comes to planning a beachfront Caribbean holiday with a group of family or friends.
Whether you want to watch boats ply the bay, dip your feet in the water or get out to kayak or snorkel, the choice is yours on the villa’s three private beaches. On land, the property’s amenities range from a pool, al-fresco sitting and dining areas to an indoor fitness center, television and Wi-Fi. Your stay at Fortlands Point also includes the services of a cook, butlers and housekeeper.
Stone walls and wide verandas give the villa a charming ambience that nods to the history of its location. Polished wood floors and palm-print area rugs are traditional touches that lend a sense of tropical elegance. More modern features such as fold-away glass doors let you open the spacious living and dining areas to the breezes off the bay, and high ceilings add to the airy feel.
Fortlands Point has five bedrooms with king beds, including one that is wheelchair accessible, and two bedrooms with two twin beds each, including a children’s loft. All seven bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
From the villa’s beachfront location on Discovery Bay, it’s a 13-minute drive to the nearest golf course and 60 minutes to the airport. If you can’t get enough beach time, there are several other sandy stretches in the area where you can relive your honeymoon with a stroll or go for a swim. If you’d like to learn more about the area’s history, visit the open-air museum at Columbus Park.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1- Baron: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, French doors to terrace, Ramped entrance and wide doorways for wheelchair accessibility, Ocean view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, French doors to terrace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Ocean view
- Bedroom 4 - Children's room: 2 Double size beds, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Bidet, Walk-in closet, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 6: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Ocean view
- Bedroom 7: Queen size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 8: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private balcony, Ocean view
- Bedroom 9: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Television, Air conditioning, Private balcony, Ocean view
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area
- Wet bar
- Media room
- Surround sound system
- Exercise room
- Pool table
- DVD player
- Air conditioning in bedrooms only
- Staff quarters
- Baby equipment
- 3 Private beaches
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 6
- Mini golf
- 4 kayaks
- 4 paddleboards
- Snorkeling equipment
STAFF & SERVICES
- Live-in butler
- Cook (Food and beverage at extra cost)
At Extra Cost (advance notice required):
- Additional guests (with owner's approval)
- Villa pre-stocking
- Vehicle rental
- Driving service
- Airport transfers
- Day boat rental
- Event fee
Points of Interest:
- 9.3 km drive to Runaway Golf Course
- Beachfront to Discovery Bay
- 64.5 km drive to Sangster International Airport (MBJ)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
Discovery Bay, Jamaica
Sangster International Airport (MBJ)
60 min drive
6 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 125 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 125 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.