Come help us revolutionize the way the world travels. Tagged by Fast Company as one of the “Most Innovative Companies” in the world, Airbnb is an online marketplace giving everyday people the ability to monetize their most valuable asset: an extra bedroom, vacation rental, airbed, castle, boat, tree house or trailer.
And with a presence in over 39,000 cities in 192 countries, we are in hyper-growth mode.
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited marketing expert to join our team in New York, one of Airbnb’s most important, dynamic and high-profile markets. This is where our marketing began back in 2008, with our co-founders going door-to-door to meet our first community members face-to-face, talk about our product and learn about their experiences. We've come a long way since, and NYC remains still core to our success as a company, a community and a brand.
The New York Partnerships and Field Marketing Lead will report to the New York City Manager. He or she has the critical responsibility of further building our brand in NYC and translating our core positioning into actionable, locally relevant, growth-oriented marketing.
- Works with the City Manager and HQs-based global teams to develop integrated, creative, multichannel marketing campaigns that educate, engage, and excite New York's 8 million residents and 52 million visitors about travel via Airbnb
- Responsible for prioritizing and supervising all key NY-based marketing initiatives and ensuring consistency between our brand and the stories we tell here
- Proactively identifies and executes new business development partnership opportunities in NYC to grow our global business and increase local love for all things Airbnb; Collaborates with marketing, communications and international teams to promote these and other partnerships through press releases, blog posts, and other media
- Conceptualizes, develops and executes targeted marketing events that celebrate the best of Airbnb and NYC
- Coordinates local agency partnerships as needed to successfully scale marketing campaigns and execute larger-scale events in collaboration with HQs-based teams
- Serves as NYC liaison for global brand campaigns that impact the local market, advising on local implementation of market strategies, providing local insights and working with counterparts in other departments
- Manages effective relationships with other key functions (marketing, community, PR, legal, product, analytics,...) to ensure seamless operations and consistent messaging
- Serves as Airbnb's expert on New York marketing - knows New Yorkers, their travel habits, the local area, the community, the key stakeholders and influencers; Ensures all marketing activities feel local and personal and articulates NY market nuances for other teams who aren’t familiar with the regio
- Guides Airbnb's evolving social media strategy here in NYC
- Contributes to the Airbnb 'brain trust' of marketing innovation across all channels
- Leads outreach to local stakeholders to help our public policy team share the important role Airbnb plays in the NYC ecosystem
- Provides regular upward reporting to NY and global management
- May periodically act as company spokesperson in interviews with key local media, with guidance from our PR team and external agencies
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years experience in marketing, business development, sales, communication, or product development
- Experience designing and executing innovative and effective offline-, experiential-, and social-marketing campaigns a plus
- Tactical online marketing experience, knowledge and understanding of global ad platforms and local ad platforms a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills; Experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Strong project management skills; Self motivated, driven and able to work autonomously if required
- Comfortable with and have experience communicating directly with journalists and developing strategic communications plans and materials
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment; Comfortable with pressure, ambiguity and takes initiative
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels…not afraid to dive into detail and execution work as needed
- Strong consumer/lifestyle/travel media contacts a plus
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
- Must currently be living in New York City or be wiling to relocate; Extensive experience in the city (including 3-5 years residence) is a plus