Airbnb is a revolutionary start-up based in San Francisco reinventing the way the world travels! We are a trusted community marketplace that enables people to list, search and book unique accommodations, ranging from apartments and holiday homes to castles, boats, tree houses and yurts. Growing at warp speed in the APAC region, we looking for leadership talent in our APAC Team!
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited attorney in Asia to join our global legal team, to be based in Singapore or one of our other offices in APAC. You will report to the Associate General Counsel, APAC and help to support our fast-growing Asia-Pacific business.
- General legal support for the various teams and functions across the Asia-Pacific, including Local Operations, Marketing, Customer Experience, Trust and Safety, and HR.
- Provide regulatory, compliance and general commercial (including contracts) advice and support from an Asia-Pacific perspective, across a wide range of areas including consumer rights, e-commerce, privacy, marketing, product counseling, dispute resolution, and industry-specific regulations.
- Manage legal risk effectively and decisively.
- Efficiently manage outside counsel across multiple countries and associated budgets as needed to assist with advice.
- Help design, implement and iterate legal department processes to keep up with hyper-growth.
- Participate in or lead interesting global and regional projects.
- Some international travel required.
Qualifications and Prerequisites
These are the “table stakes” requirements:
- Qualified in a common-law jurisdiction.
- 6-10 years post-qualification experience, with at least 2 years in-house in an MNC or start-up (technology and/or travel industries preferred).
- General experience with working in an international and multi-cultural working environment with geographically-dispersed clients and team members.
- Regional experience will be useful.
- Excellent command of English (written and oral) is essential.
- Fluency (written and oral) in Mandarin/Chinese (Simplified Chinese preferred), Japanese and/or Korean will be advantageous.
Personality and Attitudes
You must also possess the following qualities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, recognizing that less is indeed more.
- High integrity and excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business needs.
- Creative and flexible, with a practical, commercially-focused and business-oriented outlook.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Able to enjoy and thrive in a busy, fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Passion for Airbnb with a keen interest in travel and an ability to adapt to surprises.
- Team player with proven people management and inter-personal skills.
- Strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun.
If you can think outside the box, are happy to work autonomously and as part of a high energy team, then you should apply immediately!