Airbnb is a revolutionary start-up based in San Francisco reinventing the way the world travels! We are an online community marketplace giving people the ability to monetize their most valuable asset; their available space. Our marketplace consists of extra bedrooms, holiday homes, airbeds, castles, boats & tree houses, to mention some. Growing at warp speed in the APAC region, we looking for leadership talent in our Singapore Team!
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Country Manager at our Singapore office to lead and grow the Singaporean markets.
In this role you will be the primary voice and ambassador of our Singaporean business. You will lead an enterprising team in winning our top markets and establishing a strong Airbnb presence in new markets. You will share the opportunities and challenges of the market and set the priorities that will grow the Singaporean markets. Together with your functional partners, you will set transparent objectives, collaborate with your functional counterparts and execute the Airbnb strategy on the ground. You will be a natural born leader with an analytical approach to drive decisions. Your communication skills will be exceptional with proven ability to train, manage and inspire a team.
- Serve as a business owner for Singapore, be fully responsible for the expansion and evolution for the market
- Build relationships with potential partners to drive unions that will help grow the region
- Be the primary advocate and expert of Singapore
- Understand the global Airbnb strategy and execute it successfully in your market
- Inform and execute local Government Relations strategy by meeting with government officials and local associations
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing promotions)
- Mentor and lead your team with passion and flair
- Design strategic plans to drive results
- Work with core functions such as Community, Legal, Marketing, PR, Product, Customer Experience, to ensure strategy works well with all departments involved
- Act as company spokesperson in interviews with key media, liaise with our PR organization and external agencies
- Pilot new actions and execute projects as defined by the Regional Director
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Native level written and verbal fluency in English and Mandarin
- Experience with ecommerce and internet businesses in Singapore (experience working with global MNCs is a plus)
- 7-10 years solid, strategic, business development experience
- Worked within rapidly growing organisation
- Have an intimate understanding of Singapore and a passion for the region
- Bachelor degree essential, MBA would be an additional bonus
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Marketing/Business Development, Management Consulting or Finance
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to drive the team to get the very best out of them. Hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available
- An undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, professional appearance and ability to act as a role model to Airbnb and its values
- Self motivated, driven and able to work autonomously if required
- Have a passion for travel, Airbnb and being the best!
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to join a creative company that thinks outside the box? Then hit APPLY!