The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
This position will be based in Airbnb’s Singapore office, where you will work closely with our Head of APAC comms. You will help with all communications and PR activities across the region - which includes close communication with our San Francisco Headquarters as well as with agencies and our community. Your scope of work will include assistance implementing communications plans and materials as well as managing day to day PR activities. We are looking for an effective and creative communicator who likes multitasking as much as working in a multi-cultural team.
• Assist in managing communications activities and strategies for Airbnb in APAC, including collaboration with agencies.
• Help handle day-to-day media inquires and our growing collection of assets, contacts and testimonials.
• Help with development of written materials such as story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As and presentations.
• Research media-, travel- and lifestyle trends across APAC countries
• 2 years + experience in Public Relations
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in managing projects in a fast paced environment
• Excellent English writing skills, with samples to share
• Unwavering verbal communications skills (English)
• Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
• Ability to work with international teams and quickly develop an understanding for the cultural differences
• Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
• Fluent in 2 or more languages
• PR agency experience
• Experience working internationally