We are looking for brilliant minds to join the Airbnb. In particular, those who have the passion, drive and dedication required to continue delighting our users and changing the way people travel around the world.
THE BUSINESS SPECIFIC BRIEF
Based in Dublin, your role as a member of the Airbnb Legal team will involve working closely with the Customer and Hospitality Experience teams who provide support to our users as they host and travel around the world. We are looking for a lawyer who can provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support, as well as participate in team projects within the European and global legal team. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro-activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team.
General legal support for various different teams in Europe including: Customer Experience, Trust and Safety, Hospitality, Security and HR.
- EU Regulatory, compliance and general commercial advice and support in a wide range of areas including: Consumer rights, e-commerce, privacy, dispute mediation and litigation, short-term rental, travel and tourism.
- Working as a member of Airbnb’s Global Legal Team, participating on team projects and advising and supporting Airbnb’s employees from all over the world.
- Some international travel required.
Creative, flexible and with a business orientated outlook;
7+ years experience, with a minimum of 3 years in-house;
General experience with working in an international and multi-cultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively;
- Provide quick, concise and practical consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives;
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Several years in-house experience, preferably in the technology or travel sector.
- Training in a highly regarded and leading international law firm.
- General experience with working in an international and multi-cultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- EU Qualified lawyer with excellent English (written and oral) and fluency in at least 1 additional European Language.
- Slight preference for a lawyer qualified in a civil law jurisdiction (Germany, France, Spain and Italy) and who has worked in an international, English speaking environment.
Role reports to: Associate General Counsel - Europe