Design is at Airbnb's heart and soul, and UI engineers serve as the caretakers of this ethos. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to work on all parts of the stack, but who have a specific passion for building beautiful user interfaces. These engineers will also be responsible for creating the libraries and frameworks that are used by the entire engineering team to build user-facing features.
What are examples of work that UI engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We built an HTML/CSS framework called Oxygen that underpins all of our products, internal and external
- We worked with the design team to refresh our core booking flow using Oxygen
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong HTML and CSS experience
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Experience with an MVC stack like Rails
- Understanding of front-end performance characteristics