US taxpayer information
- How-toWhy Airbnb is requesting your US taxpayer informationAs a US company, we're required to collect certain taxpayer information from hosts who have US-sourced income.
- How-toHow to complete Form W-9Get info on how to complete your Form W-9.
- How-toCommon errors when completing Form W-9Find out common tax form errors and get guidance on how to correct them.
- How-toHow to complete Form W-8BENGet info on how to complete your Form W-8BEN.
- How-toHow to complete Form W-8ECIGet info on how to complete your Form W-8ECI
- How-toChanging your taxpayer informationYou can edit your taxpayer information or change the way your earnings are assigned between multiple taxpayers in your payout preferences.
- How-toFrequently asked questions about taxesGet answers to frequently asked questions about taxes.
US tax information reporting
- RulesWhen you might receive a tax form from AirbnbDepending on your account status, the taxpayer information you've submitted to Airbnb, and other factors, you may receive a tax form from Ai…
- How-toWhere do I find my Airbnb earnings for tax purposes?You can review your earnings at any time from your Airbnb account. You can filter transactions by payout method, listing, and date.
- How-toCorrect an error on your tax formYou can edit your taxpayer information or change the way your earnings are assigned between multiple taxpayers by accessing your payout pref…
- RulesTaxes and payoutsAirbnb may be withholding taxes because you haven’t submitted your taxpayer information. Find out what else may be holding up your payout.
- Legal termsDisclosure: Electronic Delivery Consent of Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) Information Tax ReturnsHere’s some important information about your taxes when you host on Airbnb.
- How-toHow do taxes work for hosts?Taxes rules can be complex and have different rules per region. We have info to help guide you.
- How-toHow does tax payout and reporting work?When we collect and remit occupancy taxes on your behalf, you can find the total occupancy tax amount in your transaction history and in you…
- How-toHow does occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb work?We automatically collect and pay occupancy taxes on behalf of hosts whenever a guest pays for a booking in specific jurisdictions.
- RulesIn what areas is occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb available?Airbnb is collecting and remitting taxes on behalf of the host in a number of locations worldwide.
- How-toCan I collect occupancy taxes for bookings?If you’ve provided your business tax ID and relevant tourist tax registration info, you may be eligible to collect taxes directly from guest…
- How-toHow to add taxes to listingsIf you’ve provided us the relevant tax info, you may be eligible to collect taxes directly from guests by using our professional hosting too…
- How-toHow does manual occupancy tax collection and payment work?Hosts generally need to collect occupancy taxes manually unless automatic occupancy tax collection and payment is set up for their jurisdict…
- RulesWhat expenses are deductible from my Airbnb income as a host of a stay?Deductible items may include rent, mortgage, cleaning fees, rental commissions, insurance, and other expenses.
- How-toAre Airbnb.org stays tax deductible?It is not possible for us to provide charitable donation tax receipts for Airbnb.org stays at this time.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- RulesValue Added Tax (VAT) and how it applies to youValue Added Tax, or VAT, is a tax assessed on the supply of goods and services. Airbnb charges VAT on its service fees for customers.
- RulesAdd your VAT ID numberIf you have a VAT ID number, you can associate it with your Airbnb account. You can make changes in your account settings.
- How-toLocating your VAT invoiceHosts and guests can access their VAT invoices in their Airbnb account.
- How-toWhy Airbnb is requesting your taxpayer informationAirbnb is required to collect taxpayer information in order to fulfill tax calculations and reporting obligations in multiple countries.
- RulesChina VAT invoices (fapiao)Here's what you should know as a guest who needs a fapiao for their room, cleaning fees and other fees, or as a Host that needs a fapiao for…
- RulesVAT collection and remittance in ChileServices provided by Airbnb are subject to VAT in Chile. These new rules took effect in June 2020.
- RulesGuidance on Goods and Services Tax (GST) for India HostsYou should consult with professionals for advice concerning tax matters.
- How-toWhy are taxes being withheld from my payouts for listings in India?Airbnb is obligated to deduct 1% of the gross earnings of Hosts who are residents of India, and remit these funds to the Indian tax authorit…
- How-toCreate a Danish unique codeFor the tax years 2021 and onwards, hosts in Denmark will be required to create a unique code with the Danish tax authorities (Skat.dk) in o…
- How-toWhy Airbnb is requesting your Canadian GST infoHere’s what you need to know about why Airbnb is requesting your Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST), Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), and/or Q…