Preparing to host
Preparing to host
- How-toFrom keeping your calendar updated to giving guests soap and snacks, here are some tips to help get your place to stay ready.
- RulesWe offer a collection of curated articles and videos with hosting tips, news, and best practices in the Airbnb Resource Center.
- How-toAsk a Superhost for guidance creating a listing, which can help land your first booking.
- How-toTo help Airbnb run smoothly and to cover the costs of the products and services we provide, we charge a service fee when a booking is confir…
- How-toIf you require guests to sign a contract, you must disclose the actual contract terms to them prior to booking.
- How-toWhen guests book your place, they want to know what they’ll be getting. Choose the home type that best describes your place.
- Community policyOur community is built on the principles of inclusion, belonging, and respect, which includes welcoming and supporting people with disabilit…
- How-toWhen you host or help with hosting on Airbnb, you may be asked to provide information such as your legal name, date of birth, or government …
- Community policyAirbnb is offering new Hosts in select locations a guarantee of earnings when they host 10+ stays on Airbnb within the first 90 days.
Setting up your space
- How-toEssential amenities are the basic items that a guest expects in order to have a comfortable stay, including toilet paper, soap, towels, pill…
- How-toWhile we don’t require hosts to provide essential amenities in their listing, guests have told us that these are the items they expect for a…
- How-toGuests are more likely to consider a place to stay when listing details are accurate and meet a basic level of professional finish.
- How-toIf you add internet or wireless internet as an amenity, your listing will show when people search or filter for places with internet.
- How-toReview our list of accessibility features that you can add to your listing. Consider making changes to accommodate additional guest needs.
Hosting monthly stays
- How-toEncouraging guests to book longer stays could help you achieve higher occupancy with lower guest turnover and a more predictable income.
- How-toIn some jurisdictions, guests may establish rights as a tenant after a month, so we encourage Hosts to be knowledgeable about their local la…
Hotels and hospitality businesses
- Community policyProperties should have a unique, independent environment and style (for example, boutique or lifestyle hotels, not mass-market chains).
- How-toWe welcome listings hosted by professional hospitality providers on Airbnb, including hotels that meet our criteria.