How do taxes work for photographers and other service providers?

If you are a photographer, translator, or other service provider paid through your Airbnb account, please be sure to complete your taxpayer information so that we can process your payouts. 
US Persons may fill out a W-9 form. In January, if you’ve submitted a W-9 and earned $600 or more during the previous year, we’ll provide you with a 1099-MISC form showing  your earnings under “Box 7 - Nonemployee compensation.” Please note that corporate service providers will not receive a tax form.
Non-US persons may submit a W-8 form to certify that their earnings are not subject to US tax.
If you are unsure of what form to submit, we encourage you to consult a tax professional who can clarify your tax status.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Got it, thanks! We'll use your feedback to improve our help articles.

FAQ didn't answer your question?

Join a Group and get help from fellow hosts in your neighborhood and around the world.

Browse Groups »