How do I submit a Host Guarantee payment request?
In an emergency situation, you should always contact the police, emergency personnel or the proper authorities first.
To submit a Host Guarantee payment request, please follow these steps:
1. Read through the terms and conditions of the Host Guarantee at: www.airbnb.com/terms
2. Contact your guest to notify them of your complaint. Often hosts and guests resolve issues on their own.
3. If you and your guest are unable to come to a resolution, we recommend that you file a police report. A police report is encouraged in all cases and is required for payment requests that exceed $300.
4. Gather as much documentation as possible to submit with your form, including photos, receipts, a police report, and any other documentation that proves ownership, damage, or estimates the fair market value of items damaged.
5. Log in to the desktop version of Airbnb and submit your request here: www.airbnb.com/incidents/new
You must submit the request either 14 days from the guest’s check out or before the next guest checks in, whichever is earlier. For payment requests submitted on time, we’ll send a confirmation email and follow-up emails to discuss next steps within 24 hours.
Once we have received sufficient information from both the host and the guest, we’ll review all documentation and evaluate the payment request. The length of the process will vary depending on the severity of the case, the quality of documentation, and the cooperation of the host and guest. We strive to resolve most cases within a week.
FAQ didn't answer your question?
Join a Group and get help from fellow hosts in your neighborhood and around the world.Browse Groups »