How do I make a claim on the security deposit?
You have 48 hours from your guest's checkout date to make a claim on the security deposit. To make a claim:
1. Go to Your Reservations and click Report a Problem.
2. Contact your guest using the Resolutions Tool to discuss the claim. Claims are often quickly and amicably resolved when hosts request payment directly from their guests: www.airbnb.com/resolutions/new
3a. If your guest agrees to the amount, we'll process it and send you a payout. This can take between 5 to 7 business days.
3b. If your guest declines or doesn't respond within 48 hours, click the link in the tool that says, "bring in Airbnb to mediate." We'll contact you to request documentation, and you'll have an additional 48 hours to provide it. Typically, a security deposit claim will be resolved within one week. If money is owed, we'll send you a separate payout. Documentation needed:
- A description of the incident or damage
- Photos of the damage or an explanation for why photos are not available
- Documentation of expenses, including the item’s original receipt, a receipt for replacement, or an estimate for repair on official company letterhead
FAQ didn't answer your question?
Join a Group and get help from fellow hosts in your neighborhood and around the world.Browse Groups »