How can I promote my listing?
To optimize your listing for Airbnb's internal search, as well as for major search engines like Google and Bing, make sure to do the following:
1. Include potential search terms in your title and description. Think about how people search for a city. A loft on the lower east side of Manhattan could be New York City, NYC, Manhattan, Lower East Side, LES, or The Big Apple. Mention any nearby forms of public transportation. Include detailed descriptions of major landmarks and tourist attractions that are nearby, as well as popular events in your city or neighborhood, like SXSW in Austin, Oktoberfest in Munich, or the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
2. Set a competitive nightly rate and update your calendar often. Take a look at what other hosts in your area are charging and use a similar price. It’s a good idea as a new host to start off at a slightly lower rate, then raise it as you get more reviews. Searches are made using specific price ranges and available dates. Making sure your listing's details are up to date will ensure you're reaching the right guests.
3. Complete each section of your listing and your Airbnb profile. Utilize all of the areas available to manage your listing. Lay out expectations for guests in the House Rules section, and upload high-quality photos. In addition, you may be able to request professional photography.
4. Use social media and the Web. Make sure to "tweet", "like" and "+1" your page, and don't be shy asking your friends to help! Get your listing's URL from the address bar on your public page. If you or your friends have websites, be sure to provide the link there. Relevant links to your listing from other websites can help you rank higher in major search engines.
5. Create a Wish List of your Airbnb listings. Wish Lists are a fun and visual way for you to save, share, browse, and discover Airbnb listings. You can create a Wish List with your listing, have friends add your listing to their Wish Lists, and share them publicly through Airbnb and Facebook.
If you're looking for information on how to find your listing in a search, read more.
Thank you for your feedback!
Got it, thanks! We'll use your feedback to improve our help articles.
FAQ didn't answer your question?
Join a Group and get help from fellow hosts in your neighborhood and around the world.Browse Groups »