- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
Can I pay with any currency?
While you can choose to view Airbnb listings in many currencies, you cannot manually choose what currency you'll pay in. The currency in which you'll be asked to pay is controlled by your country and payment method.
Before you book, after selecting your country and payment method, the currency in which you'll be charged is clearly listed.
When the currency in which you're paying (booking currency) is different from the currency the host has chosen for their listing (listing currency), we convert your payment using one of these exchange rates:
- We use the adjusted exchange rate if you are browsing the site and paying in your native currency (according to the billing address on your payment method) and that currency differs from the host's chosen currency.
- We use the base exchange rate in all other cases when we need to convert your payment to the host’s listing currency.
If you pay in a currency that’s different from the designated currency of your payment method, your provider or third-party payment processor may apply a currency conversion rate or fees to your payment. Please contact your provider (for example, your credit or bank card issuer) for information on what fees may apply, since these are not controlled by Airbnb.
Depending on the country of your payment method, we may be able to process in these currencies:
- Visa/MasterCard: AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, KRW, NOK, NZD, RUB, SEK, SGD, TRY, TWD, USD, ZAR
- JCB: EUR, GBP, JPY, USD
- AMEX: AUD, BRL, EUR, GBP, USD
- Discover: USD
- PayPal: AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, SEK, USD
- PayPal One Touch: USD