How to become a Superhost
Our top-performing Hosts are called Superhosts. Their listings feature a special badge that lets everyone know they’re extra awesome.
How it works
Every quarter, we evaluate your hosting performance over the past 12 months for all listings on your account. (However, you didn’t have to host for the entire 12 months to qualify.) Each quarterly assessment is a 5-day period beginning on:
- January 1st
- April 1st
- July 1st
- October 1st
If you meet the program requirements by the assessment date, you’ll automatically become a Superhost—no need to apply. We’ll notify you of your status at the end of each assessment period. It may take up to 1 week for your Superhost badge to show up on your listing.
To qualify, you must be a primary Host with an account in good standing who has met the following criteria:
- Completed at least 10 trips or 3 reservations that total at least 100 nights
- Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
- Maintained a less than 1% cancellation rate, with exceptions made for those that fall under our Extenuating Circumstances policy
- Maintained a 4.8 overall rating (based on the date the guest left a review, not the date they checked out, over the past 365 days)
- How-to•HostWhat are response rate and response time and how are they calculated?We measure how quickly and consistently you respond to inquiries and reservation requests.
- How-to•GuestReviews for staysOur community relies on honest, transparent reviews. Hosts and guests write reviews once the stay has ended.
- How-to•GuestAbout SuperhostsSuperhost listings include a badge, which Hosts earn by meeting certain criteria that exemplifies what it means to be a Host.