- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Business Travel
- Trust & Safety
- Contact Airbnb
What's changed for hosts with Airbnb's new look?
We’re excited to share our new look with the entire Airbnb community. We know it’s incredibly important for hosts to have a clear overview of what’s changed, so as you explore what's new, here are some changes you'll notice.
Your listing photos are bigger, and they appear throughout your listing description. The first image you upload will appear at the top of the page, and the second and third images you upload will be on your listing page, below your listing summary and details. You can change the order of your photos if you want to select different images to use in your listing, and guests will be able to click on any of these images to see the rest of your listing photos. Photos taken through Airbnb's professional photography service will have a Verified Photo label under the caption.
Description and Details
At the top of your listing page is room for a summary. Further down the page, there’s an overview of the amenities you offer, and there’s room for you to share your house rules. Previously, these sections were on separate tabs, but we’ve brought them to a more prominent position to help set guests’ expectations, and to attract reservation requests from travelers who are a good fit.
Location and Maps
We’ve also made information about your location more prominent on your listing page. There’s a bigger map, your neighborhood information is more clearly shown, and if you’ve created a Guidebook, it’s no longer in a separate tab—it’s easier for guests to find right on your listing’s front page.
About the Host
Further down your listing page, there’s now a section that helps guests get to know you. It includes your response rate, response time, and your social connections. It also shows a badge section that includes your Verified ID confirmation and the number of reviews and references you’ve received. These badges all update automatically.
Smaller Listing Improvements
Here are some changes you’ll notice on your listing page. None of them change the way these features work.
- Previously, there was a separate tab on your listing page called Friends where travelers could see your references. Now, your references are more visible, appearing right below your reviews.
- The buttons on your listing page are Request to Book and Contact Host. Request to Book works in the same way that the Book It button used to. If you’ve turned on Instant Book, guests will see an Instant Book button instead.
- If you have instant Book turned on, your listing appears in search results, it will be marked with a lightning bolt icon.
- When a guest hovers their mouse over the Save to Wish List button on your listing, they will see the number of times your listing has been saved to Wish Lists.
- The 5 amenities that show in line at the top of your page are amenities you offer that are among the most desirable to guests.
- Additionally, it’s important to know that these changes won’t impact how search works.
Reviews from Additional Properties
Reviews from additional properties will no longer display on each listing page, unless you have fewer than 5 reviews for one of your listings. In that instance, guests will see the reviews you have for other listings, until you receive 5 for that particular listing. All of your reviews—from all of your listings—will still be displayed on your profile.
In addition to the search section of the homepage where guests can enter a destination and travel dates, our new homepage also shows popular listings nearby. When you’re logged in to your account, you’ll see personalized recommendations based on their location.
We’ve removed the images at the top of Host Home in the Airbnb mobile app. You’ll now find three sections:
- Upcoming—Details about your guests who will be arriving or departing in the next week
- Priority—Reservation requests, booking inquiries, messages, and alerts, with the most recent items at the top
- Future Reservations (Previously Confirmed Reservations)—Details about confirmed reservations that are more than a week away
Make Your Mark
Every Airbnb experience is as unique as the people in our community. That’s why you can now make your own, personalized version of the Airbnb symbol to express what Airbnb means to you. You can also order customized mugs, t-shirts, stickers, and other items with your symbol on them. And you can add your symbol to your profile.