How do I reset or change my password?
To reset your password
If you've forgotten your password, or you're having trouble logging in to your Airbnb account, go to the reset password page.
Enter the email address you use for Airbnb, then click or tap Send reset link. You'll be emailed a link to reset your password.
Tip: Reset links are time sensitive and for one-time use.
If you get the email but the reset link doesn’t work:
- make sure you're referencing the most recent email if you've requested a reset link more than once
- you may need to disable your email service’s link preview (ex. Outlook) or mail scanner feature, which causes the link to expire before you open it
To change your password
If you know your current password, and you want to change it:
- Go to Account > Login & security
- Next to Password, click or tap Update
- Enter your current and new passwords, confirm your new password, then click or tap Update password
To create a password if you've been using Facebook to log in
If you created an Airbnb account by connecting to Facebook, you weren't required to create a password.
You can continue to log in with Facebook or, if you'd like to create an Airbnb password:
- Log out of your Airbnb account
- Follow the steps to reset your password
Once you create an Airbnb password, you'll no longer be able to log in using Facebook. However, your Airbnb account will still be connected to Facebook.