Why we require a profile
It's simple: The more details = the more reservations you're likely to book. A robust profile shows you’re reliable and authentic to people who don’t know you yet.
Strong profiles include:
- Multiple verifications
- At least 50 words about your hobbies and interests, why you joined, or anything else you think others would like to know
- At least one recent profile photo that shows your face so Hosts can recognize you when you arrive
All Hosts are required to have a profile photo, and some Hosts require the same of their guests.
Guest profile photos aren’t displayed until after a booking is confirmed and can be removed at any time.
- Rules•GuestHow we keep your ID secureWhen we receive information from your driver's license, passport, or national identity card, we store the number safely in an encrypted form…
- How-to•GuestVerifying your identityYour security is important to us. Check out the steps we take to not only verify your identity, but to keep it safe.
- How-to•GuestBooking a trip: What to do if you’re newLearn about Airbnb’s booking process, how to confirm your reservation, special offers direct from a Host, and more.