How do I add a security deposit to my listing?
To add or edit a security deposit in your pricing settings:
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
- Select the listing you want to edit
- Select Pricing settings in the upper right-hand corner
- Under Extra charges and currency, check the box next to Security deposit
- Enter an amount between $100 and $5,000 USD
The security deposit only applies to reservations booked after the changes are made; they don't retroactively apply to existing reservations. Security deposits can't be handled off-site in cash, as off-site payments are a violation of our terms.