How can I control which reservations I get with Instant Book?
When Instant Book is on, the following settings can help you control which guests can book and when you’re booked:
- Additional guest requirements: Guests will always meet all of Airbnb’s requirements before they book. With Instant Book, you can add more guest requirements:
- Government-issued ID: For added security, you can limit bookings to guests who’ve submitted their government-issued ID to Airbnb.
- Recommendation from other hosts: You can limit bookings to guests who’ve traveled on Airbnb and received only positive reviews from other hosts.
- First Message: As an Instant Book host, you can write a preset message to your guest with any questions you have about their trip. Guests will see your message and respond while booking. If you're ever uncomfortable with any responses, you can cancel penalty-free.
- Advance Notice: To avoid last-minute surprise bookings, set how much notice you need before a guest arrives, and we’ll automatically block days in your calendar.
- Same day (with cut-off time)
- At least 1 day
- At least 3 days
- At least 7 days
Trip length: Avoid reservations that are too long or short by setting your minimum and maximum night stays. If you don't set a maximum number of nights, we'll automatically apply a 31-night maximum stay to your listing.